Low Tech Mini - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-21-2014, 03:11 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Low Tech Mini

I had been reading and subscribed to nano tanks...https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=363465 and I couldn't resist that urge to try it out...

Last edited by Aqualady; 01-22-2014 at 05:27 PM. Reason: edit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-21-2014, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Low Tech Mini

This is the start of my low tech mini.
Today, 1/21/14, I added some soil from one of my house plants pot and added a little Osmocote plus, capped with LFS white sand.

Fauna:
Maybe shrimp

Plants:

Brazilian Pennywort
Fissden Fontanus (glued on lava rock)
Rotala Wallichi
Pogostemon helferi
Staurogyne Repen
ludwigia "pink" ovalis
ludwigia sp. red
limnophila aromtica
Unknown pretty pink plant that hitched hiked
2 other plants, can't remember names, and 1 of them, oops, I buried 98% of it...

Here is a pic as it is after setting up, planting, and flooding. I will add pics as it progresses..thanks for reading/commenting
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140121_125810.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	263474  

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 06:27 AM
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (144/100%)
Wow, talk about dirt cheap vase

Seeing yours makes me want to give white sand a try, but that would mean another vase and that would mean, at best, sleeping on a couch. Choices...

v3

Courtesy * Integrity * Perseverance * Indominable Spirit * and Self Control
Tenets of TKD

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)
I have to think the salesperson missed the two 0s while typing in the price, after all it is the $1 store and everything is......you guessed it.....$1.

Hope they don't get fired over 99cents.

Last edited by DogFish; 01-23-2014 at 01:21 AM. Reason: added store
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 04:45 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (30/100%)
Forgive me, but it seems you missed an opportunity to teach your daughter the difference between right and wrong. Good luck with it.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 04:53 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFish View Post
I have to think the salesperson missed the two 0s while typing in the price, after all it is the $1 and everything is......you guessed it.....$1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWaters View Post
Forgive me, but it seems you missed an opportunity to teach your daughter the difference between right and wrong. Good luck with it.
haha. you know, every once in a while it's ok to take advantage of the retail world. when things can be marked down 75% AND the company can still make money on whatever chinese made crap they're selling.

be humble about it and don't brag.

If the item rang up as .01 but labeled as $4, then the cashier should be cognizant enough to figure out something is wrong.

often times a place will still sell you an item for what it rang up as, or give it to you, as a thanks for letting them know it rang up wrong.

damn the man!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFish View Post
I have to think the salesperson missed the two 0s while typing in the price, after all it is the $1 and everything is......you guessed it.....$1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWaters View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapegoat View Post
haha. you know, every once in a while it's ok to take advantage of the retail world. when things can be marked down 75% AND the company can still make money on whatever chinese made crap they're selling.

be humble about it and don't brag.

If the item rang up as .01 but labeled as $4, then the cashier should be cognizant enough to figure out something is wrong.

often times a place will still sell you an item for what it rang up as, or give it to you, as a thanks for letting them know it rang up wrong.

damn the man!
I agree, however, sharing my happiness should not be misconstrued that I was bragging.
Sorry I shared it.....
Hey there Dogfish.... it "RUNG" up as 1 cent, no typo's, it wasn't everything is a dollar store but a store something of the like ......

RWATERS I didn't miss telling her right from wrong, it was a blessing, if I hadn't done that in her 19 years then she will never know..... furthermore.....I went back yesterday asked them did they know they were ringing up a penny and they said, "THEY ARE 1 penny, trying to rid them and the sign must have been ripped off by a kid".....so I will most definitely have good luck with it
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 05:06 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (30/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualady View Post
I agree, however, sharing my happiness should not be misconstrued that I was bragging.
Sorry I shared it.....
Hey there Dogfish.... it "RUNG" up as 1 cent, no typo's, it wasn't everything is a dollar store but a store something of the like ......

RWATERS I didn't miss telling her right from wrong, it was a blessing, if I hadn't done that in her 19 years then she will never know..... furthermore.....I went back yesterday asked them did they know they were ringing up a penny and they said, "THEY ARE 1 penny, trying to rid them and the sign must have been ripped off by a kid".....so I will most definitely have good luck with it
Great! I hope you picked up some more at that price.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 12:20 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualady View Post
...Hey there Dogfish.... it "RUNG" up as 1 cent, no typo's, it wasn't everything is a dollar store but a store something of the like ......
You edited away the part of the OP I was responding too. The way you worded the post, it came off like you knew you where scamming them in some way ie. they made a mistake, so too bad. It seems I wasn't the only one that read that post and took that thought away from it.

If it's case of me misunderstanding a poorly written post, I apologize.

If not then I stand on my prior post

Last edited by DogFish; 01-24-2014 at 02:35 AM. Reason: sp
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 01:19 AM
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (144/100%)
"Let the one without sin throw the first stone" or something like that. I certainly have enough sins, real or imaginary, to repent for.

v3

Courtesy * Integrity * Perseverance * Indominable Spirit * and Self Control
Tenets of TKD
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 01:30 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVT View Post
"Let the one without sin throw the first stone" or something like that. I certainly have enough sins, real or imaginary, to repent for.

v3
Good quote, here's another:

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything"
~Alexander Hamilton
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Moderator close this post at my request
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 01:46 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Probably start a new thread. I'm trying to see how the plants will do in the vase.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 02:29 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Good luck on your tank. I started a nano tank a while ago. Black gravel, a rock wall in the back, bamboo, and some ghost shrimp that love to climb the rock wall. I have been waiting to get some kind of anubias or other good plant for the bottom and maybe some moss to put on the rocks. Anyways good luck on your nano.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oto Guy View Post
Good luck on your tank. I started a nano tank a while ago. Black gravel, a rock wall in the back, bamboo, and some ghost shrimp that love to climb the rock wall. I have been waiting to get some kind of anubias or other good plant for the bottom and maybe some moss to put on the rocks. Anyways good luck on your nano.
Awesome! Do you have a pic to share?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode