Upgrade to rimless tank/Mr. Aqua 33.6 Startup - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
Upgrade to rimless tank/Mr. Aqua 33.6 Startup

Hello fellow planted aquariusts, I have recently got the itch to tear down my old 10 gallon tank and upgrade to a rimless Mr. Aqua 33.6 gallon tank. I am planning to go hi tech heavily planted with LED lights from buildmyled.com, ADA Amazonia, Ehiem ECCO pro 300. I am going to be purchasing Pressurized CO2, a UV sterilizer, and inline Hydor heater to add to the mix. I have a few questions about my setup.

I currently have a 75 gallon planted community tank with a bunch of rainbows, synodontis petricolas, roseline sharks, a rainbow shark, new addition of blue apistogramma cacatuides. also have a 55 gallon with some German Blue Rams, Blue Apistos, Synodontis Petricola and Pseudomugil Signifer. and have been in the hobby since I was a kid, Love Aquarium keeping!

First, I have never had a rimless tank before with fish, only a small shrimp tank that was rimless. I am a bit worried about them jumping ship, very tempted to order a piece of glass to cover the tank. I know that would blow the look of the tank and the entire idea and look of a rimless tank. Any advice here?? Ease my nerves!!

Second, I am ordering two LED strips, decided on doing 1-7000K and 1-10,000K, i like the blue that comes out with the 10kK light. 10kK in the front of the tank. Will this lighting do well for high light plants like toninas? Since this Mr. Aqua tank is 24.8" long, I am unsure how I will hang the lights. I could hang them from the slanted ceiling that is about 2 feet above the tank, but not sure how I could rim mount them because the tank is 4/5ths an inch longer than the light strip.

Third, I tend to get some BBA in my other tanks, trying to eliminate that in this tank. Is the best way to spot treat with hydrogen peroxide or is there something better?

Tags
algae and co2, mr. aqua 33.6 gallon, rimless

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode