Very good deals on Rena XP's - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 03:11 AM Thread Starter
HC 'Cuba' Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Very good deals on Rena XP's

I just ordered the XP3 for my 29g, I was originally going for the XP2 but for $5 more I got the XP3, why not?! Here's the link so all of you can take advantage of the deal, its only last for about another 15 hours, lol, or atleast the $5 off they give you when you check out, along with the sale price... so it was really $85 for an XP3!!

http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS...s=&merchgroup=
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 03:33 AM
Banned

PTrader: (56/100%)
great deal... still $10 more than most got on the XP3
5 Months ago when Petsmart had a similar promotion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 03:42 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
Send a message via AIM to cookingnerd607 Send a message via Yahoo to cookingnerd607
How often does petsmart do that? I just found out I have one near me.

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Horace Walpole (1717 - 1797)

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 03:47 AM
Banned

no idea, but if you need a filter, may as well grab the current special while you can.
remember the dollar lost a lot of value this year, so prices are only going to creep up.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 03:56 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (75/100%)
don't hold your breath. I believe the online of petsmart is now as expensive as the retail.
The deal was it was so much cheaper and then there was a I think it was a $25 off coupon.

i picked up 3 myself. one is still in the package.

My 20 gal journal

6Gal Nano Journal

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 04:19 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
Aww... Wanted to pick one of these up but they don't ship to hawaii... they never ship to hawaii! I actually see the rena on amazon for a decent price. the xp2 for $80+$10 shipping, or the xp3 for $105+$10 shipping. Do you think my 55 gallon will do much better with that upgrade, or should i stick with a xp2? thanks.

does drfosterandsmith price match? maybe i can get it from them for cheaper maybe...
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 04:25 AM
Banned

if you already have an XP2, just stay with that but clean it more often to keep the water flow from getting too restricted. however were you starting a new 55gal from scratch, I would definitely recommend the XP3 for it over the XP2. one should always over spec their filter for 3 major reasons. one if it suffers restricted water flow from overdue cleaning the extra capacity will help. two is you might later add inline devices like Heaters, UV, or Co2 diffusers that will further restrict water flow. three most canisters are rated empty of media, so if you plan on using a lot of dense tightly packed media and polishing pads, you really should go for the extra power.

Last edited by spypet; 10-09-2007 at 03:37 PM.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 04:37 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
Yeah, I'm replacing a old HOB whisper filter. I'm sure it's not good enough for my current tank. I started that tank a long time ago without any knowledge really and I sorta want to redo the whole thing. Does anyone know where's the cheapest to get the xp3 (to hawaii) cause bigals doesn't ship here . $117 shipped from petsmart. $120 from amazon. They also have the eheim 2215 classic for the same price. I want to get a eheim since they last, but I need a 2217 for my 55 right?
thanks.

Unless there are better ones you think I would be able to find instores? We don't have any chain stores like petsmart really. I think i've seen fluvas and magnums or something like that.

And if my mom only lets me buy one, what do you think I should choose?
upgrade my lighting or filter? i currently have the 40 watt strip light and was thinking of upgrading to a 2x 55 ahsupply kit.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)
yea listen to what spypet said. When i started my 55g i had an xp2 on it and now 2 years later I have the xp2 and a fluval 304 on it. Bigger is sometime better

Filstar Pimp #27

"Insert your own tag line here"
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Banned

PTrader: (19/100%)
My local Pet Smart price matched an XP2 for me for $74.99 on 8/22/07. That was without any coupons. That's $10 less than Big Al's sale price of $84.99 shown above.

EHEIM PIMP #164
Classic 2011, Classic 2213, Classic 2217, ECCO 2236, Pro II 2028, Liberty 2040, Liberty 2042

VICTOR PIMP #1
VTS253A-1993, VTS250B-580, VTS253D-320, HPT500-40-350-4M, SGT500-40-4F-DK
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (194/100%)
Good deal for the XP3, but you need to add shipping, so it comes out to $95, right?

For the XP2, the current Petsmart deal (SAVEOCT + free shipping) isn't bad at $70 shipped. (I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it darnit)

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 06:51 PM

PTrader: (3/100%)
The PetSmarts by me will match prices on ANY online retailer

Found that out last week when one matched the $14.99 price on Flourite at Big Al's even thought their shelf price was $24.99!!! And they carried my 4 bags to the car for me cuz I am preggers!
2 days later I went to a diff. one (the first didn't have what I needed in stock) and got a pricematch on the 50ft python for Dr Foster's price of $42 instead of their shelf price of $69.
Just print out the page with the advert. price and ask for the store manager. Neither one blinked an eye, just looked at the paper and did the price change with a smile and a thanks. Then you don't have to pay shipping, just gas to get there!

I have heard that sometimes (depending on the store or manager)they will give you a hard time if it's not their online store.... just be persistant. If they refuse, ask for their name and corporate's number and tell them you're going to call about it. From what I've heard that will work. (Thankfully I haven't had to do that though!)
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
^^ It's only corporate policy to pricematch their own stores. The managers you encountered were nice.

YMMV on the PMing other stores deal.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 07:05 PM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Well yay for me then! Lol

I'll have to make sure to calll and ask for those managers before I go back and try that again!

I've read a lot about that policy on different boards, and sometimes people can bully the managers into it... nobody wants a customer to call corporate, even if it is an empty threat.

Just thought I'd offer it... it's worth a try, right?
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Dang, Canucks get ripped again. The XP1 is $120 on the Canadian site. And I already tried previously to order from the American site, but they won't allow it.

Filstar pimp #59 (shhhh on the Eheim)

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode