first tank.. a few questions.
Hello! New here. Soo I have a few, I'm sure, newbie questions pertaining to a moss vivarium. Lets keep those " use the search function" to a minimum as I am here for reassurance and difinitive answers.
This was just a trial and error thing and wanted to make a big 18x18x24 exo terra viv. As of now this is the setup.
Setup: 12x12x12 exo terra with 2 toppers holding 2 150 watt cpl flourescent bulbs with an outout of about 6200 lumens sitting directly atop the enclosure. I bought some orchid sub with high acidity 6-6.5 percent. There is a log in there and what not. I made a moss milkshake to spread everything evenly. I mist it once daily
*Im developing white mold on ths top layer and am worried about it killing my moss and taking over*
So here are the questions.
1: this set up ok for this size??
2: how to rid the mold. I've hear you can you chlorahexidine to kill the mold but ok for moss?will the mold grow then die on its own?
3: how often to mist
4: will the light burn my tank?
Thanks in advance,