LFS in Reston,VA - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Hi,
Im from Reston, Va and there are pratically no good fish stores around here, none once so ever except petsmart :-/. I am looking for a strictly fish only store within resnabole distance... One more question, where can i find some nice driftwood and where do you guys find this moss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 02:15 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
If you want some decent LFS near you, you could try Foxmill pets, they have 2 locations I think they are in Sterling which is pretty close. I prefer Anandale Super Pets. I got my 90 gallon tank there, and they will order anything you want if they dont have it. I had them order me 6 bags of eco complete. They have a good selection of driftwood usually although some are quite large. This is not a fish only store but they have quite a large selection. I myslef am looking for a decent Aquatic plant store in the area. I heard that the Aquarium Center , near Baltimore is pretty good, going there tomorrow. So if you know of any good plant stores let me know.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 07:38 AM

Hey there
I live in Columbia MD and there are a few places to check out. You said fish-only, and theres some great salt places like Roozen(sp) Nursery in Waldorf. But for plants there is Aquarium Center on Liberty Road off 695 in Bmore. Its probably about an hour, but its the best place within 100 miles for plants, fish and equipment.

They also sell our coveted 55 watt GE 9325K pc's for like 22 bucks a piece.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 04:56 AM

I went to Aquarium Center yesterday. I must say they had a pretty wide selection of plants, but they did not look all that great, some looked really dead. The place was crowded and it took a half an hour to get somone to help me with the plants. Its really a shame there are no local fish stores that sell decent plants..... maybe I should open one! They were also out of Amano shrimp, get this, they were $1.99 each!!! I would go back there but will probbaly mail order the Amanos and the rest of my plants. needless to say it was a disappointment.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 03:39 PM

Try Wally's Aquarium, 6493 Little River Turnpike (route 236) in Alexandria. They have a knowledgeable staff, good prices, and a good selection of fish and plants. (new fish come on Tuesdays)
They steered me right on a Vortex diatomic filter last week.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 03:41 PM

I know Wally's, been going there for years. I pop in there from time to time but as far as equipment and fish go Super Petz has much healthier fish and a bigger selection, oh and better prices $$. Bought my tank there.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode