This may or may not be an utter failure. I received flame moss some months ago. I tied it down to my lava rock, it grew up, but then I realized to cover the whole rock, I would need to tie, re-tie, and re-tie. That didn't sound fun.
I've been aware of the 'moss paint' idea for some time now. Some include yogurt, but I've never heard of those going very well. So, I decided an experiment is in order! First, we will take a look at my ingredients;
I began with a water-slurry (aquarium water thickened with cornstarch). I allowed it to cool. Then I minced some flame moss. I whisked it, with just a touch of nutrients (this stuff smells like soy-sauce btw). And what would the experiment be without some lava rocks;
Now I have the paint, ready to apply;
Wrapped up nice and tight! We will see how this goes. I have it in a windowsill and I will keep you all updated as progress is made. I hope it goes well, but I may just end up with mold.