And also, I made it home! Honestly, catching the fish was not all that bad. The worst were the Denison barbs. Although I did end up pulling all my plants besides my DHG as my barbs were tearing it up trying to get away.
For those that may need to do this in the future, here's my steps:
I put my rams, plecos, and a couple neons into one bucket, and my barbs, rest of neons and shrimp in another. With both bucks I floated quite a bit of rotala to give them some comfort/cover. I then put a lid on both of them.
I had 2 5G buckets that I filled about 3/4 for the fish and 3 5G Primo water jugs that I use to fill with RO. I filled two of those with old tank water, and the third with new RO water. I would suggest two more new jugs of water as I didn't have enough since I didn't want to use the water the fish were actually in.
So at this point, the tank is drained completely on the side with 4" substrate and about a 1/4" water on the side with sand and DHG. I took everything off the suction cups (intake, outflow, and heater) and then wrapped the top in Saran Wrap to keep the humidity in the for bacteria and DHG.
My friend and I lifted the tank and took it to my truck, where it sat on the back seat on top of a pillow to level it out and a pillow behind to keep the weight evenly distributed. I had a blanket laid out that I wrapped the whole tank with, and then I seatbelted the tank in for safety (it wasn't going anywhere).
I loaded up the filter, the CO2 pieces, and the stand into the truck along with the water. And then I moved the fish buckets onto the floor board of my back seat. They were snug up against the back of my seat an the seats in the back, weren't moving.
When I got back I set up the stand, got the tank and placed it on it, removed the wrap and filled it up enough to get the filter going. The water was a little chilly (60° or so) so I started taking some out and heating it up on my stove to a good temp to get the fish in quicker. I then got the tank to 78° and then used the heater to get the bucket the fish were in to the same (they weren't far off, just had to be sure). And then I put them all back in besides the barbs, those are in a bucket with a temp filter and heater until I can take them to my LFS here tomorrow as they're too big for my tank and they tear it up.
So, that was quite the book, but I'd say it was pretty successful and everything seems fine so far and they've been in about 4 hours. They're already colored back up and acting like normal.