Planted Tank Guru
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
1) Had a neon tetra disappear. Searched in and around the tank, no corpse. Found it months later when changing a light - it was stuck inside the spiral CFL.
2) Had a betta disappear. Hard to lose a fish this big. Searched but never found it anywhere. Still wondering about this one, and whether I'll move someday to find a "betta chip".
3) Had a bamboo shrimp. Would sit on an anubia leaf in front of the filter outflow, a favorite spot. Sometimes when doing filter maintenance it would take a blast of CO2 in the face, which didn't seem to bother it. Except once. Didn't respond or move at all, just slid off the leaf half a minute later, dead.
4) All the ramshorn snails in one tank disappeared. By the time I realized I hadn't seen one in a while, I found they'd all been sucked against the intake of a small powerhead I'd just put in, unable to get free, and perished. There was probably two hundred on there, packed several layers deep.
5) A few days ago, I found a dead celestial pearl danio in bed with me. Guess it must have slipped out unnoticed with some stem plants I'd moved into a container on the bed, while doing a rescape the night before. As the mafia would say, I sleep with the fishes.