do u ever cry when ur fish dies? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 03:37 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (15/100%)
do u ever cry when ur fish dies?

ya , i do...then I flush it down the toilet. I had a krib but I sent it back to the fish store cuz it was eatin my shrmip and uprootin plants . I felt sad when i was giving it away..and I do think abt him at times

cmon u guys can let it out too , show ur senstive side. tuff guys do cry and wear pink
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 04:01 AM
Children Boogie

PTrader: (13/100%)
sorry, no... never have. not even as a kid.

I get bummed out but that's it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 04:03 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
If i Had a fish that was like $50 I would but mostly cause my money is gone lol. I never had cried over a fish dieing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 04:37 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
I got sort of sad, pissed off because my Microrasbora Kubotai starting jumping out one by one, and especially because they jump when I'm not there. I spent the whole day staying in my room just to see if they would jump, then I go out to eat dinner and come back to see one had jumped...

But no tears.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 05:02 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
I cried when my first fish died. It was a black moor goldfish, and yes it was in a goldfish bowl. I was eight and so upset I couldn't sleep. My Mom stayed awake with me half the night, and we played card games - mostly Rummy. In the morning we buried him underneath the flowering almond bush. (Thanks, Mom!)

That was several decades ago. I've not cried since about fish.

Now, mostly I curse out loud. If it's due to jumping I curse more and yell at them about how stupid they are: "Oh H***! S**t! D***! Stupid, Stupid, stupid fish!" If they're small out with the garbage. If it's a big one they get flushed so they don't stink. Though if I think it's some error on my part, ie., CO2 od, wrong dosage of Prime., etc I do feel badly.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 12:19 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
I had a beautiful synodontis angelicus I got for free. She was huge (about 10 inches or so) and so healthy in her 40 gallon and died when I put her in a 125. I cried like a baby.

Eheim pimp #255

75 gallon semi-aggressive community tank with pressurized CO2, 8.6 gallon cherry shrimp tank
40 breeder reef

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

awww , that was a sad story if fishies, I almost cried just readin it
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 12:48 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
*Group Hug*
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 02:36 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Saraja87
A year ago I lost my 6 breeding angelfish all within a week. I had had them for 5 years I cried all day after the last one died.

110 Tall in progress!

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 02:41 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I just get bummed that a fish died, but I don't cry.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 03:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraja87 View Post
A year ago I lost my 6 breeding angelfish all within a week. I had had them for 5 years I cried all day after the last one died.
I feel ur pain
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 02:32 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (42/100%)
Tears came to my eyes when I had a fish bone pierce the roof of my mouth, that's about it though.

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 02:41 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Trying posting this question on a saltwater forum and I bet the majority will say yes. Those fish are expensive!!!!!
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 05:40 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (138/100%)
i was just about to say what photojon said! i get sad when my sw fish die not only because they're expensive but because they seem to have very individual personalities. most of the sw fish i have are not schooling fish. it is a sad occasion whether its fw or sw.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 05:53 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (120/100%)
When I was little (maybe 6-8?) i had one of those goldfish with the eyes that stick out. My dad was siphoning water out of the tank and didn't have a gravel vac attachment. The fish got to close and its eye got sucked out.....I remember seeing it going through the tube and into the bucket. The whole tank turned blood red. I am pretty sure I cried over that one but not since.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode