when did u guys start liking fish keeping hobby - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (15/100%)
when did u guys start liking fish keeping hobby

Well When i was a wee lil lad I started off with a bowl and some guppies or goldfish. Then In my puberty period, in portugal ,I got some kios for my pond....,I starte to like fish keepin more , but ,unfortunetly, I moved to the US and My fish keepin was on hold Now I have my own place and make my own $$ and now I have a 46 gallon tank and next yr gonna Im gonna start on my dream 100 gallon tank!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
*expecting spypet's search reply* lol
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

huh, cmon

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Banned

PTrader: (56/100%)
Algee, I would not want to disappoint you

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ge...nk-keeper.html

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/lo...n-keeping.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

lol now im scared to make another thread
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Send a message via AIM to JenThePlantGeek
When I was very young I had a betta in a bowl named "Bluey". I was a very creative 5 yr. old! Then came "Satin" the betta. Then I'd admire my aunt's angelfish tank for hours. Eventually I got a job at PetsMart doing dog grooming, but they really needed someone in the fish department, so I started learning there. Soon, very soon, I learned enough to know that I needed to switch jobs and started at a very nice local store where I met a plant-guru. He took my interest in aquarium plants and turned it into an obsession! I joined the aquarium club, spent a good 7 years working pet store retail until after college, and then set up display tanks at my work and now I am very active in my local club and online, and I have more tanks than I know what to do with.

- VP & Horticulture Awards Program Chair
I <3 Eheim #195
Everyone seems normal... until you get to know them.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via AIM to retoid Send a message via MSN to retoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spypet View Post
Technically those are different topics than the one discussed here

I remember having my first fish tank probably at age 6, it was a bubble gum machine turned into a fish tank. It went horribly wrong since my parents now I knew anything about fish keeping. The tank was not cycled, and I believe it was some sort of longer loach, maybe a kuhli. Luckily I only had one. But he ended up dying after a short while. Probably from ammonia.

I didnt have a tank after that until I was 21, then I started really getting into it. But still had ALOT to learn at that point.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 05:02 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I never really got into aquarium even as a kid, I was more into toys and games. My family in Asia however is very keen on aquariums, we always have large tanks and large arowanas at our house. Now that I moved to US, seeing aquariums gives me a nostalgic feeling of being at home with my family. My parents will come this week, and I think they will be pleasantly surprised at my new hobby

It's one of the most satisfying hobby I ever have.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
cleek, I see you are in MD, you need to check out the local club, GWAPA, see my sig for a link to the site.

|
|
|
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 01:06 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to ikuzo
i started to keep fish when i was 5-6 years old. got into the planted tank hobby early 2006.

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 01:36 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via MSN to dapellegrini
Well, I must have been 1 or 2 years old. I blame my mother...

My first fascination was with a Kuhli Loach in that tank.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 03:51 AM

It started when I was 4 or 5 and I got a 10 gallon as a gift from a family friend. There were already fish in it, maybe silver dollars, or some silver barbs. I never really understood the compatibility of fish, or the requirements until I was about 10. Now I'm almost 13, and my fish 'supplies' (fish, plants, food, equipment) are coming out of my wallet, but now I research before I buy.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 04:20 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
ha ha ive always had a fasciantion for fish as a kid 4-7 i would sit in front of my granny's gold fish tank for hours in complete amazement. when i was 9 i got a 10 gallon and put 4 gold fish and a plec in it they all died in a week. at 11 a neibour moved away and gave me his fish(assorted tetras) and i reasearched about them and learned i needed a 20 gallon to house so many fish and i got a java fern and it grew from there now im 15 and have i high ligh, high co2, high fert, south american biotope with discus.

happy fishing

75 gallon Tanganyika Community Planted
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
haha d. gilly you better post another message b/c right now your posts are at 666
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
i've had fish since i won a goldfish at a fair when i was 8-ish (late 1970's). Had him, a chinese algae eater and a couple of danios in a 20 gallon (with snazzy chrome edges) with some rocks, sand, UGF, and a treasure chest bubbler. For some reason, the fish lasted many years. At one point, I got a fish care book at the fish store, which had a section on "Dutch Aquariums" with all of these gorgeous planted aquariums and I was hooked! Plant freak ever since.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode