Planning a 135 gallon - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Planning a 135 gallon

Just picked up a 135 gallon and learning from my past mistakes I want to take my time and plan what I am going to do before i do it.

I have 7 bags of flourite so far (105 pounds) and from what i can figure that should give me close to 2 inches. If i need to I can hold off on setup to pick up some more
but as you know it is quite expensive so i was hoping that I could just use what i have. Im open to suggestions here. eg mixing etc.

Lighting will be 2 x 110 watt 9325k fixtures. Using the WPG rule that is 1.6 but I know that on large tanks that rule is not really applicable. so where do you think i stand here. I know i might be limited on plant selection, but how limited.

Going to be using an XP4 for filtration. I was reading the instructions today and I am just curious should i use the spray bar or the power jet setup. I have always used spray bar on my xp3. Just not something I really ever thought about.

I have a pressurized co2 system if i need to use it but dont think it will be an issue with my lighting.

Still a week or two away before setting up but just trying to have a good plan of atack for when i do
Edit/Delete Message

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode