post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
Great start. The only thing is that it looks so organized and there is no defined point and the plants are in a kinda....whats the word....boxy arrangement. Maybe adding more driftwood to make a defined centerpiece. "Shape" the plants into more of a mellow contrast with the wood.

What are your specs? The plants, lighting, filtration, substrate, frtilizers and fert plan, co2. To me the plants look like Hairgrass, Wisteria, Green Combomba, Red Ludwigia, Vallisneria sp., either ozelot sword or melon sword, dwarf hairgrass, and dwarf sag. But those are guesses.

It also looks like your using eco complete. I would suggest a black background on the tank aswell.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Here is a rundown of the specs

Lighting
170 watts 2x65 odyssea(I know thats not great but i'm on a student budget here)
and 2x20 watts power glow florescent tubes
(I can add more later if needed but I would rather not)

Substrate
soilmaster select charcoal

Co2
DIY baby 3 bottle rig still working out the kinks

Filtration
404 fluval canister

I plan on getting another small piece of driftwood on the right side of aquarium to even everything out.

and you guessed all the plants lol

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetaff View Post
Here is a rundown of the specs

Lighting
170 watts 2x65 odyssea(I know thats not great but i'm on a student budget here)
and 2x20 watts power glow florescent tubes
(I can add more later if needed but I would rather not)

Substrate
soilmaster select charcoal

Co2
DIY baby 3 bottle rig still working out the kinks

Filtration
404 fluval canister

I plan on getting another small piece of driftwood on the right side of aquarium to even everything out.

and you guessed all the plants lol

Well the CO2 is not going to be sufficient long term unless you have your refills all ready. I would group the driftwood to make it seem like one piece. Dont make multiple visual points as it will get crazy. Unless you can arrange it to be very unique and very well laid out then I would try keeping it to gether. You should be fine with lighting as far as your plant selection is. I think a little more tweaking with the tank as far as a scape and you will be good to go. Your tank is off to a good start, you have many plants, and I can only see good coming from this.

Last edited by James From Cali; 07-23-2007 at 01:55 AM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

thanks alot for the encouragement man
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 12:54 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
wow, you ride at perfect north. so do i, but i ski. u any good? sucks when you have rentals, can't ride in the terrain park. save your money and buy a decent board, it helps a lot.

Too poor to keep any tanks up

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

yea i do ride there, how did you know that??
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 02:54 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
i saw your pic on photobucket. pic was taken by the red lift, right at the base of center stage. to your back is the rental shop, and directly to your left is the west lodge.

know the place by heart . . . im there four days a week.

Too poor to keep any tanks up

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode