"Sera Florena". Used it? Heard of it? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
"Sera Florena". Used it? Heard of it?

I was recently talked into buying "Sera Florena" from my local dealer. They have several hundred tanks, alot of them planted, and no CO2, just a strict regiment of "Sera Florena" and light. All the plants look pretty good (definitely not Dutch Water Gardens though). Anybody ever use the stuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)
Not I. link and/or pics?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Filstar Pimp #130

My 55G:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (195/100%)
Not used, but googled -

Quote:
Sera Florena is the ideal fertilizer for all aquatic plants in fresh water. It contains all the essential minerals, trace elements and iron. However Sera Florena is free of nitrate and phosphate, which already exists in abundance in an aquarium. Consequently Sera Florena ensures a healthy abundant growth of plants without smear or beard algae problems. Sera Florena is completely safe to use in aquariums full of fish.
Quote:
Plant fertilizer with iron, minerals and trace elements for all water plants.

The plant nutrients in sera florena can easily be taken up through the leaves by the plants. The nutrients stay active in the water until they are taken up by the plants. sera florena is free from nitrate and phosphate and does not promote algae growth.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

almost sounds to good to be true...

http://www.zooplus.de/bilder/1/1893_neu_1.jpg

heres a pic
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 11:39 AM

I use it on some tanks with good results, but I prefer Ferreal. Similar to Florena but goes further.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 03:15 PM

Nitrate and phosphate are not always abundant in aquariums and may need to be added as well. It sounds like a micro fertilizer and you may wish to add something like excel to your regime. Depending on your bioload and tank specs you may be okay for nitrates/phosphates/potassium (your macro ferts). Flourish sells these seperately as well you can find other macro ferts combined together in a liguid.

I use a hagen product of NPK and Micros and Excel, they work well together and have definitely boosted growth.

kara
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
You get that stuff from Triliby's? I was there yesterday. I dunno, they have nice tanks, but not the best planted ones.

Eheim Pimp #254, Eheim Wolverine #1

Work in progress
10 Gallon Shrimp Tank
10 Gallon Planted QT
20 Gallon Shrimp Tank (Work in progress)

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Nix
Algae Grower

Hi folks,

Sera's Florena is just a simple trace elements fertilizer like everything else.
Nothing special about it. Actually it's rather unpopular with the plant lovers in it's country of origin, same as Tetra products, for example. I don't know
the exact reasons, it's just the feeling you get (both companies have the smell of "not for pro's" on them. For right or wrong).

Greets,
Nix
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishscale View Post
You get that stuff from Triliby's? I was there yesterday. I dunno, they have nice tanks, but not the best planted ones.
YEAH! I did get it from Trilby's. I like going there, it's frigin' huge. The tanks are definitley not "show" tanks, but they work and they are healthy. It's an old skool shop, no CO2. It's a blue collar, working man's fish store, they ain't afraid of a little algae! You'd be hard pressed to find a species they dont stock.

Did you see the giant discus in the back?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy View Post
I use it on some tanks with good results, but I prefer Ferreal. Similar to Florena but goes further.
That's true I paid $24.99 for the bottle and I have to use 70ml per dose. the bottle wont last more than a month
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
Yeah those are sweet discus, I wish they stocked cardinals

Eheim Pimp #254, Eheim Wolverine #1

Work in progress
10 Gallon Shrimp Tank
10 Gallon Planted QT
20 Gallon Shrimp Tank (Work in progress)

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode