What deficiencies are these? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 03:49 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Does anyone know why my star grass has black creases on the new tips of leaves? My parameters should all be correct, i.e. 10ppm NO3 1ppm PO4, but i could be under-dosing traces and iron. Also, I have noticed that my L.repens isnt very red anymore actually its more like a white-yellow mixed with a slight bit of red. What deficiencies do these symptoms indicate? Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 07:37 AM
2la

How much lighting do you have? Are the plants shaded in any way? When was the last time you changed the bulbs?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

As of right now I have a 55watt bulb over the plants in a 20 long. This will be changed soon to approximately 80 watts over the 20 long. The plants arent shaded at all. The bulb Im using is less than a year old. Ill post a pic of the l.repens.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

and here it is folks. the strange pink, white, yellow l.repens. the photo color is slightly off its not nearly as white in person.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

oh yea i forgot about the star grass i havent been able to get a good pic of it but if you can imagine the new leaves around the crowns getting a tiny black crease at the very tips of the leaves. i have no idea what could be causing this as im new to stargrass and l.repens actually. please help =)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (195/100%)
My newly planted Ludwigia does that sometimes. I guess it is growing without having roots, which causes those deficiency symptoms. Once the roots grow, it returns to its normal green/purple.
Regarding the Stargrass... I don't know! Have you ever dosed a little bit of potassium?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode