Best Books - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
I plan on getting all of Amano's Nature Aquarium World volumes, but I have heard that they aren't that informative. I was wondering what people think the most informative books on planted tanks are. Also if i were to only get one Amano Nature Aquarium World book, which one would you recommend and why?

Thanks,
Aaron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
The Amano books are great picture books. I think of them as the Playboy of planted tank books. The pictures are pretty, not a lot of information, and you would be so lucky to ever have anything that came close to looking like that.

What kind of information do you want?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Grigg
Playboy of planted tank books. The pictures are pretty, not a lot of information, and you would be so lucky to ever have anything that came close to looking like that.
:hehe:

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 09:46 PM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
Great analogy Rex!

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 09:51 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
The Playboy books are great picture books. I think of them as the Amano of human world books. The pictures are pretty, not a lot of information, and you would be so lucky to ever have anything that came close to looking like that.

For some reason, I don't think my wife will understand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2004, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
I've been doing some research and it seems like the translated version of Aquarium Plants by Christel Kasselmann is exactly what i'm looking for. I'm just looking for a book that contains a large number of plants, planting and maintainance information for each plant.

"From Book News, Inc. Aquarium Plants Kasselmann, Christel A guide to aquatic and marsh plants that can be grown in aquariums by hobbyists and botanists. Alphabetically arranged by scientific name, the 300-plus entries list synonyms, etymology, geographical distribution, characteristics for plant identification, cultivation recommendations, and natural ecology. The book begins with a chapter on the importance of ecological factors in the cultivation of aquarium plants. The color photographs are abundant. Originally published in German as Aquarienpflanzen by Eugen Ulmer in 1995. The author edits a German aquarium plant magazine."

I went ahead and ordered it. Got it for 59.99 .

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode