Lotus info needed - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi all, I have a lotus bulb which has gone into dormancy, well all the leaves have died off and the bulb is sound, though no roots.

What do I need to do now, and for how long. I have heard putting them in the fridge with peat for two months. Is this right, can anyone tell me how to get my plant going again.

BTW I also have a lace plant doing the same thing. Any advice is much appreciated for both palnts.

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 02:55 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I would not go with the fridge method, it may be just too cold for the tuber(even during dormancy). I have tried that and lost a lotus tuber- I cannot say that the tuber was strong though.

An alternative that I have read for storing Aponogetons is that you should place them in a damp container covered in sand and store it in a cool place. It might be also useful for Nymphaea tubers. To revive after dormancy, the plant must have enough nutrients stored in the tuber, or else it will not make it.

Let's see if I can find that link....

For Madagascar Lace plants, it is controversial whether to give to remove it or leave it in the tank during dormancy. I was reading quite a bit in the FINS archive. Oy... I really got to find these articles again.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode