New problem after rescaping
Ok well as teh title says my tank is now having problems again.
I had black mollies in it and darn it if they didn't reproduce to plague quantities. so I would sell them to the LFS. Well I got discus as well and the mollies would out compete them for food. So I finally (last week) decided to be rid of them. well they were so hard to catch that I ended up removing EVERYTHING from the tank. (except the fish) So after finally getting the last of the mollies out I decided to start rescaping mytank for a better cleaner look. (figured I should since I had it all out anyways) So after placing everything back in the spots I like and rearranging the plants to fit better in the tank I was finaly satisfied. The first night...I ended up needing to connect a bubbler to counter act the dropping PH. This is normal for a water change but usualy I don't need the bubbler, this time however I changed a lot of water, so I figured it was to be expected. The next day was fairly normal. So was the next. The PH was still a little on the low side in the morning (before lights) But it was not low enough to turn the bubbler back on...just no CO2 at the time. Durring the day the CO2 would turn on as the PH rose and I figured it was all ok.
Yesterday though...The Ph was LOW below 6, so I had the bubbler put back on and went to work. Mind you this was durring a peak hour of the day with the lights on...so normally the PH would be HIGH. Again today in the morning before the lights were on the ph was as low as 5.34...it's normally 6.2-6.3. And when I came home it was still LOW PH 5.42. Also the plants look terrible...and the CO2 indicator is BLUE...so LOW.
I have stringy brown algae growing on the leaves. I have NOT changed my ferts regimine. The lights are still on the same timers. And the water is from the same source. I have also routinely changed one of the two filters...a normal practice as I do one then the other. Also the first two days after rescaping...I had a film on the surface that Was troublesome to get rid of but it's finally gone.
So what I'm wondering is if this is normal from doing a rescape and disturbing a lot of Eco Complete that was burried since the tanks inception. Thankfully the fish have been experiencing the drop slowing in the tank so they are fine for now...but i'm worried that if it doesn't clear up that the fish will soon start suffering.
Please let me know what you think this might be so that I can try to fix something if it's wrong and I have simply missed it. Again I wouldn't know since I have never disturbed the substrait THAT much in the past.
75g, 2-XP3's, pressurized CO2, inline reactor, 384 Watt CF orbit