Aquascaping - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Aquascaping

Hi,

Yesterday I took delivery of my new 6' x 2' x 2' tank and painted one side and the back with blackboard paint.

Today I got it turned around, fitted the five 58 watt tubes, two Original Tropical and three Freshwater, and put in the driftwood which has been soaking for three weeks.

For the substrate I have six bags of Flourite and 50 kilos of fine gravel but before adding it I would appreciate any opinions on the placement of the wood.

The tank will be heavily planted and low tec.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (14/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Casty
Where the wood is right now actually looks pretty good, maybe a little to the left (or put it on the opposite side). I'd get a couple more pieces and place them around it if I were you, smaller or similar sized pieces preferably.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 05:16 AM

PTrader: (5/100%)
I agree with Casty maybe 1 or two more pieces. But hey whatever floats your boat.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)

Well I've rearranged the wood a little and added the substrate. At last I can get into the bathroom where I was storing the 6 packs of Fluorite and 100 kilos of fine gravel! Almost ready to add water now.

I have a couple of questions. First what do you think of the aquascaping? Second I have a Tetratec X1200 filter and the spray bar is 22" long. If I remove one section I can sucker it to the left side of the tank but am a bit worried that the flow will be too much for the plants. On the other hand I could cobble up an extension and have it running the whole length of the back to reduce the flow out of each hole. Which would be best?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode