I currently have a Juwel Rio 400 fish tank. For those not familiar, its 151cm x 51cm x 61cm (l x w x h) and contrary to the Rio 400 label, it holds ~360 litres water, with 2cm depth sand substrate and a bit of bogwood. It comes with lighting and an internal filter as standard, however the lighting is poor - 0.9wpg (UK gallons).
My water from the tap is exceptionally soft, dKh = <1, dGh <1. I have to buffer the tank with coral gravel just to keep it stable.
The tank currently houses 10 medium sized discus, 20 corydoras, and quite a few plecs of various kinds. I'm aware I may need to remove the plecs to another tank
, but I want to plant the tank out.
That’s the whole point of the post really, what do I need to do to the tank to help plants grow and look amazing.
1. What substrate is best to use?
2. How do I best improve the lighting?
3. What ferts will I require, and how often do I need to add them?
4. What CO2 unit is easiest, best, most reasonably priced?
5. What can I expect it to cost?????? (That's from the wife
I know its a little bit open ended, but I just need a pointer in the right direction.