Aquatop Zen Nano - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
Aquatop Zen Nano

Aquatop has launched a relatively new line of nano tanks to the market. I've seen these tanks displayed at my local fish store for awhile now, and I finally brought one home today.

There is little to no information on the internet regarding the Aquatop Zen Nano. So, I decided to start a thread here at The Planted Tank forum.

The Aquatop Zen Nano ZN-3G, the model I purchased, is a glass aquarium that comes with an 1.8w LED light, glass lid with clips, and built-in 3-stage filtration system with media.

In my opinion, the Zen Nano is a pretty good setup for the money. The aquarium itself seems to be of reasonable quality and the silicon seems are invisible. The 1.8w LED light looks bright and lights up the entire tank. The glass lid and clips are functional and look very nice.

Finally, the filtration system is very impressive for a "All-In-One" nano setup. There are 3 chambers where you can add your own filteration or use what is provided. Aquatop provides some "bio-balls" and bio-rings, but those can be replaced. Each chamber is easily removed because they are conveniently encased separately. This makes filter media easily customizable.

All in all, this tank seems to be worth the money. I purchased mine for $70. I found all but only one concern after unboxing, leak testing, and functionality testing. I purchased this tank for a betta but the flow seems to be a bit strong for a betta; however, that may be because I tested with no filter media inside the filter.

My plan is to dirt this tank, customize the filtration, throw in a ton of plants, and add a fish.

Please comment here about anything regarding this aquarium. I'm sure there are more people out there looking for information about the Aquatop Zen Nano aquariums.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 03:48 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
How's the filtration look? Intakes? Can it be made "shrimp safe?" I could use an excuse to spend a little money...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

The filtration flows in at the top from each side like a skimmer and out at the top against the front of the glass. This delivers good circulation throughout the entire tank as the water hit the front glass and move to either side. Since shrimp tend to stay at the bottom of the tank I would say that it is shrimp safe however the slits at the top after big enough where a juvi/adult shrimp could fit though.

It's hard to explain, but maybe I will get a video up so you all can see what I am talking about.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Always liked the look of these. Got a newsletter from aqua top that the Zen nanos were being offered as a holiday promotion at prices from $45-$57 but I don't see them on the "holiday" page yet. Clicking on that link actually takes you to their normal clearance page.

http://www.truaqua.com/clearance.html

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-Carl Sagan
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

On Sale!

Aquatop ZN-3G $45 Free Shipping

http://www.truaqua.com/zen-nano-glas...ium-zn-3g.html
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	235266

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	235274

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	235282

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	235290

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	235306

I've got mine dirted, planted, and cycling right now. I will not be added anymore updates like I would in a journal. I just wanted to get some information out there about this little tank.

Hope you enjoyed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	235298  

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I want to share an experience I had with this aquarium.

I had a problem with the filter making to much noise. It even started to smell something like burning wires. Long story short and after trying everything else, I took the propeller out and sucked out the pump area out with a wet vac. I applied Vaseline to the propeller and put everything back together. Do not get any type of substrate or filter media in the pump or it will be loud. Pretty easy fix though once your know this information.

Note: You access the propeller from the top of the filter. There is a plastic piece above it that easily comes out if you grab with a needle-nose pliers or a aqua-scaping scissors. This information is no where to be found on the internet or the instructions.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I called into Aquatop to talk about this issue I had in the previoys post. They T's me to switch out the substrate for a substrate with larger pieces.

Even being very very carful, my substrate was still finding its way into the propeller. Now, I have extra filter floss in my filter just before the propeller to block any stay particles from getting in there.

So far so good.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode