Aquatic Moss - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
Aquatic Moss

I've looked everywhere within 100 miles of home. None of my LFS sell any Aquatic Moss. I've got some drift wood I'd like to tie some Java Moss to (or any other moss for that matter) but I just can't seem to find any. Any sugestions?

Also, how do I know if the CO2 system I got from PetsMart is sufficient for my 30G tank? It's a reactor type that you add sugar to along w/ the activator and stabilizer packets and warm water. I'm new to planted tanks but I LOVE IT. Can't get enough of staring at my plants progress each day.

I've also read talk of UV Sterilizers here. What are they, what do they do, and do I need one?

Thanks,
________
WEB SHOWS

Last edited by Tdon1md; 08-22-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
Noone has any experience or advice for me?
________
Sunset Boulevard Residence 2 Pattaya

Last edited by Tdon1md; 08-22-2011 at 11:34 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)
the swap and shop most likely will satisfy you.

Eheim Pimp # 240

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (195/100%)
Online vendors, like aquaticplant.com etc, have a much better selection than pet stores, you might be able to find mosses there. Or check the Swap & Shop section, you might see someone posting an offer, or post a wanted ad yourself.

The CO2 system that you got is not enough to provide much CO2 to a 30gal tank. Instead of the little canister, try one or better two 3l bottles soda/juice bottles for more CO2 production.

You don't need an UV sterilizer.

Welcome to the Planted Tank, and happy reading! If you search for

sterilizer
CO2* (in the DIY section)

etc you will get a lot of interesting discussions about those topics, good place to start.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdon1md View Post
I've looked everywhere within 100 miles of home. None of my LFS sell any Aquatic Moss. I've got some drift wood I'd like to tie some Java Moss to (or any other moss for that matter) but I just can't seem to find any. Any sugestions?
Check out the Swap N Shop, time to time there would be Java or other kind of mosses there.

Quote:
Also, how do I know if the CO2 system I got from PetsMart is sufficient for my 30G tank? It's a reactor type that you add sugar to along w/ the activator and stabilizer packets and warm water. I'm new to planted tanks but I LOVE IT. Can't get enough of staring at my plants progress each day.
I'm no expert but it should be sufficient if you plants are progressing well.

Quote:
I've also read talk of UV Sterilizers here. What are they, what do they do, and do I need one?

Thanks,
I'll have to pass on the UV. The pros here can better explain this. Hope this helped.

55G Planted Freshwater
4-Blood Parrot,5-Spotted & 2-Albino Cory,
8-Ottos,3-SAE
A.Sword,J.Fern,A.Nana,Vals,B.Pennyworth,R.Ludwigia ,R.Indica,Flame&JavaMoss,Bacopa
Emperor 400,Filstar XP3,200W Heater,Rena 400 Pump
Coralife 4-65W 6700K ,Tubo Twist 9W UV
5LB Pressurized CO2 System w/ SMS122 PH Controller
FILSTAR PIMP #104
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 01:14 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
Ditto on what Wasserpest said. You'll need more than just that CO2 unit to give you adequate CO2 levels in a large tank like that.

And no, a UV sterilizer will not be necessary.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 01:01 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill
I have some moss, PM me for what you're looking for. If I don't have any I can point you to the right person(s)

Welcome!

-Andrew

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode