Aquarium Plants Landscaping Tools - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (3/100%)
Question Aquarium Plants Landscaping Tools

Has anyone used these tools and are worth the money? I'm thinking about buying them and would like a little feedback if there is any out there. Or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aquarium-Plants-...QQcmdZViewItem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 02:07 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
This guy below sells just about everything you could want for a lot less than most. Personally I only use the 12" scissors and tongs all straight since bent ones do not seem to help me any with planting or cutting the plants. It probably is a matter of personal use.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...seller&Hardong

Good Luck

Doug
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 02:31 AM
Algae Grower

Those are some fancy tools...Depending on what your looking for Check out your local swap meets or flea markets for stainless scissors and tools. They can be found pretty cheap. Even my local Army surplus store has tools for cheap.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 03:40 AM

PTrader: (5/100%)
http://www.azgardens.com/

I got mine from them and they are very well made and are very very sharp. work like a charm!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 04:01 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (27/100%)
I bought the same tool kit from the same buyer on ebay and I am very happy with them. The seller was quick to deliver and the tools are a nice quality. Its nice to have 2 types of scissors and tweezers for getting to different parts of the tank. I also like the case they come in,and it keeps everything neat and tidy.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 04:56 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
That is a really fair price. And AZ gardens tools are great. I wish I had bought a whole set at once, instead of peacemeal. I mainly use the long tweezers and curved sizzors, but I also really like their super sharp little Quimby angled sizzors. And I use the rake to stir up PO4 ferts, and rarely to push substrate around.

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everybody for the feedback.

I think I'm going to buy them for 29.99 + 6.95 SH. From what I've seen that's a fair price.

Just bought'em Thanks again for the feedback

Last edited by dgiotto1970; 05-08-2007 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Update
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (26/100%)
Have you received these yet, Dgiotto? What do you think? I'm thinking seriously about buying a set from the same seller.

~ Linda ~

How many watts do I need to make my swimming pool a high light tank?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 01:27 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampCreekTexas View Post
Have you received these yet, Dgiotto? What do you think? I'm thinking seriously about buying a set from the same seller.
Ditto. I will probably get one too. Let us know dgiotto1970 what you think. Thanks.

55G Planted Freshwater
4-Blood Parrot,5-Spotted & 2-Albino Cory,
8-Ottos,3-SAE
A.Sword,J.Fern,A.Nana,Vals,B.Pennyworth,R.Ludwigia ,R.Indica,Flame&JavaMoss,Bacopa
Emperor 400,Filstar XP3,200W Heater,Rena 400 Pump
Coralife 4-65W 6700K ,Tubo Twist 9W UV
5LB Pressurized CO2 System w/ SMS122 PH Controller
FILSTAR PIMP #104
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

NO, as a matter of fact I have not.

I checked with the supplier and My PayPal account had the correct address, but my Ebay account had a previous address so the Item was returned. I sent him the correct address 2 days ago and I should receive them today or tomorrow.

I'll let you guy's know how they are.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 01:53 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Cool, thanks! But what a bummer that they're delayed. Hope you get them soon and they're good quality for the money. I really need some good tools. Got three tanks to scape soon, and maybe a couple more after that (yep, I got MTSyndrome BAD! LOLOL!) So, if you like them, that'll be two thumbs up and I think I'll order some for myself.

BTW, sorry for the thread hijack, but I gotta' tell you that I love them Boys myself! Hubby and I are both fans. I got a kick out of watching that cute little Gramatica cross himself Catholic-style before every field goal attempt last year. LOLOL! Thank GOD Parcells finally got rid of Vanderjacht ~ how many times did he have to choke before he was out of there?! Speaking of choking, I was glad to see Bledsoe out and Romo in. That sure made Terribly Obnoxious put up and shut up. *snicker* He even showed up for camp this month and WORKED instead of talking to reporters. Amazing.

~ Linda ~

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 05:02 AM
Planted Tank Guru

I ordered them (from the scissors ebay guy). They are solid. Heavy construction - sharp, accurate scissors. A real bargain - quite a bang for the buck....not to mention a pretty decent case.

- mine arrived in 2-3 days USPS. They were shipped the day after I won the auction. Still need to leave pos feedback for the fella.

Ted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Set up April 2007 -

- Terminated March 2007 -
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

Sorry guys and gals for the delay. I just got them yesterday. They are great
For the money I don't think you can go wrong. It would have been a perfect transaction if not for my mistake, so I would defiantly recommend them for a budget minded person.

As for "The Boy's" you can hijack my thread to talk Cowboys Football anytime you want.

I am Catholic so I really glad that it's out there for people to see and that the networks don't cut it

I think Romo is the real deal. If the line can protect him on blitz packages he'll be in the Pro-Bowl next year as well. As far as TO is concerned I was actually impressed with his behavior last year. A couple of incidents, but the media is the blame for 80-90% of that. They blow everything out of proportion. Injured his hand all year and he still leads the team in Rec. Yards and Rec. TD's........If he can shut his mouth and play, I can't wait to see what they can do this year......

Mark the date down, Feb. 6, 2011, Super Bowl XLV is coming to North Texas.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...B3644206D02A55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampCreekTexas View Post
Cool, thanks! But what a bummer that they're delayed. Hope you get them soon and they're good quality for the money. I really need some good tools. Got three tanks to scape soon, and maybe a couple more after that (yep, I got MTSyndrome BAD! LOLOL!) So, if you like them, that'll be two thumbs up and I think I'll order some for myself.

BTW, sorry for the thread hijack, but I gotta' tell you that I love them Boys myself! Hubby and I are both fans. I got a kick out of watching that cute little Gramatica cross himself Catholic-style before every field goal attempt last year. LOLOL! Thank GOD Parcells finally got rid of Vanderjacht ~ how many times did he have to choke before he was out of there?! Speaking of choking, I was glad to see Bledsoe out and Romo in. That sure made Terribly Obnoxious put up and shut up. *snicker* He even showed up for camp this month and WORKED instead of talking to reporters. Amazing.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (267/100%)
I have a set of the AL tool set with the triangle thingy, scissors, the tweezers for 15$ if anyone is interested.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Regards,
Tom Barr
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Cool! I think I'll order some then. I need tools baaaaad. I'm getting both my eldest stepsons into planted tanks, so I need a couple extra tweezers and scissors to loan out as well (so, Tom, I PMed you).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgiotto1970 View Post
As for "The Boy's" you can hijack my thread to talk Cowboys Football anytime you want.
And we're off! But I'll try to keep it short.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Couldn't keep it short enough, so I moved it here:
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/lo...tml#post420672

~ Linda ~

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode