Another root tab question... - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (1/100%)
Another root tab question...

I have heard that heavy root feeding plants benefit from root tabs. Makes sense. But how do i decide if my plants are root feeder or water feeders ? I assumed that plants with tons of small leaves were water feeders and the ones with just a few big leaves were root feeders but in another post i read a guy saying that his combomba did great once he added root tabs at their base. That kind of throws my many leaves = water feeder idea out the window haha.

So how do i know which of my plants are mainly root feeders and which arent ?

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 04:47 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
IMO all plants that grow roots will benefit from root tabs. Some more than others but it wouldn't hurt to root feed any plant that has roots.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
I tend to look for plants that have extensive root systems in order to determine if they would benefit from root tabs or not. Swords, Crypts, and other heavily-rooted plants all seem to appreciate a root tab now and then.

The computer allows you to make mistakes faster than any other invention, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 04:35 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to medicineman
Just from personal observation : Nymphaea, Echinodorus, Crypts on general improves greatly with root tabs addition. Some even stimulated to flower or throw bigger leaves once extra nutrition is added to nearby the roots. Stem plants does improve as well, the only thing is that they are frequently uprooted, and the rest is topping up (a time with no root).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode