Got a 5lb co2 tank today! Problem though! :( - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Okay some celebration and disappointment today!

First I finally was able to get a 5lb co2 tank for $59.63 with tax. However I face a dilema! It appears that the jbj all-in-one controller with bubble counter doesnt appear to have all the parts. Basically it came with the all-in-on regulator and two white washers to help seal the co2 tank connect to the controller. It also came with a bubble counter in a seperate blister packed bubble counter. The problem is that I think im missing a nut that allows the bubble counter to mount on the controller. I have a total of 3 nuts all of which appear to be male. They all hug something. There was one on the controller where the output line goes, and then 2 on the bubble counter. Looks like the bubble counter was previously opened upon close inspection, because the packaging was stapled shut. Im thinking they might have opened it to make sure it works at the fish store. Or they opened it and forgot to replace a nut, or the controller is missing a nut? Its not super important that I get the counter to work as I am just using the hagen ladder and it has a built in counter, but you know you pay for something you should get all the parts, and in the future I want to upgrade to a power reactor and will need that counter.

The dilema is that the place is 40 miles away and it was bought on the 10th. Im thinking they might not be nice about it being so far from the purchase date. Well any advice is very welcome!

29 Gallon Standard Moderate Light Planted tank
Lighting: 2x27 Watt 6500k P.C. Lights of America Outdoor Fixtures. 2x 20 Watt N.O. Flor. w/ Sylvania Gro Bulbs (9350k I think). Both are retrofited into a diy 12" tall canopy, with a 4" Diameter Clip on fan facing the opening in the back to circulate the excessive heat from the lighting.
Filtration: Tetra Tech 150 (modified to make very little disturbance.
Aquarium Systems Mini-jet for more circulation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Otherwise it is an impossibility,

The output connection on the regulator is a male connection and the nuts seem to all be icompatible or I am nutz! hehe!

I have included a pic of everything that I have for the regulator, the pic is not the greatest, cuz I had to scan it (no digi cam, also no photoshop or likewise program on this machine).

Lighting: 2x27 Watt 6500k P.C. Lights of America Outdoor Fixtures. 2x 20 Watt N.O. Flor. w/ Sylvania Gro Bulbs (9350k I think). Both are retrofited into a diy 12" tall canopy, with a 4" Diameter Clip on fan facing the opening in the back to circulate the excessive heat from the lighting.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Heres the detail of the nuts provided:

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Otherwise,

They gave me the wrong bubble counter! I called and described the problem to the fish store and they said that they mixed up the bubble counters, and that this has happened before, it now adapts perfectly to the regulator, I guess Im not an idiot! Woohoo!

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Otherwise,

Those pics werent the greatest, you would have to look at them real close. Anyway we are rockin N' Rollin now! Woo hoo! Well sorta still gotta get a power reactor, using the Hagen Ladder for now.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode