Iwagumi - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
Iwagumi

Okay I wanted to start an actual natural scape with rocks so here are my questions:

What are the appropriat stones/rocks needed for an Iwagumi?

Can these stones/rocks be covered with moss or Anubias?

Is there a certain arrangement the stones/rocks should be in?

I want to create a Hill/Slope affect similar to bErNaX's Iwagumi except only three stones/rocks. How do I maintain the Hill?

Would this scape be successful in Hiding a filter intake?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 11:10 PM

PTrader: (1/100%)
You got it bad!!!

OMG do a search U nube
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
I did I couldnt find anything useful. At least not what I wanted to know. I seen many types of stones/rocks but couldnt figure out if there was a certain kind to use and ones not to use. And alot of the setups I seen, the rocks are covered with anything so I didnt know if that was part of the design. On the filter thing thats probably obvious but still want to make sure.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 11:17 PM

You got 916 posts, cool

Dude, I found some CRAZY links to MINI-terrarium and Nano Paludarium--- I will link you when I get home
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
You got 916 posts, cool

Dude, I found some CRAZY links to MINI-terrarium and Nano Paludarium--- I will link you when I get home
918 actually. Thanks I want to set up a Paludarium, a 5g terranium, a Wabi Kusa, and this lol.

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (21/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by James From Cali View Post
What are the appropriat stones/rocks needed for an Iwagumi?
No. Some are more commonly used than others, but there aren't any rules of the school governing what kind of stone to use

Quote:
Can these stones/rocks be covered with moss or Anubias?
No. This would not be iwagumi.

Quote:
Is there a certain arrangement the stones/rocks should be in?
Here's a good definition of sanzon-iwagumi:
http://www.aisf.or.jp/~jaanus/deta/s/sanzoniwagumi.htm

Quote:
I want to create a Hill/Slope affect similar to...How do I maintain the Hill?
Careful rock placement and planting. Other than that, the root systems of your plants should help hold it in place

Quote:
Would this scape be successful in Hiding a filter intake?
Doesn't look like it to me....

Sol
90gal non-planted - gone - It sprung a leak and shattered

- 6 neons, lots of RCS, a few CRS, 3 Ottos, oogles of snails

- 100+ CRS, Red Ramshorn Snails

Questions about dosing nano tanks? Please
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 12:29 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (21/100%)
Quote:
You got 916 posts, cool
Woah, seriously dude. Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt and say you signed up on December 1, that averages out to 7 posts/day. EVERY DAY!!! Get off the intertubes and fert your tanks or something.

Sol
90gal non-planted - gone - It sprung a leak and shattered

- 6 neons, lots of RCS, a few CRS, 3 Ottos, oogles of snails

- 100+ CRS, Red Ramshorn Snails

Questions about dosing nano tanks? Please
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)
http://zeeb.hp.infoseek.co.jp/AQUA/IWAGUMI/kumu.htm

http://www.aguajournal.jp/aqua/Program/mpx/mpx1.html

http://www.aguajournal.jp/aqua/Program/afcon/afcon1.htm

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to dufus
Quote:
918 actually. Thanks I want to set up a Paludarium, a 5g terranium, a Wabi Kusa, and this lol.
Dude, you have too many projects!
Seriously, a 5g terrarium is useless for all but some insects. and a pauladarium is basically the same thing.

Quote:
I did I couldnt find anything useful. At least not what I wanted to know. I seen many types of stones/rocks but couldnt figure out if there was a certain kind to use and ones not to use. And alot of the setups I seen, the rocks are covered with anything so I didnt know if that was part of the design. On the filter thing thats probably obvious but still want to make sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
Woah, seriously dude. Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt and say you signed up on December 1, that averages out to 7 posts/day. EVERY DAY!!! Get off the intertubes and fert your tanks or something.
I get on mad post swings sometimes. teens have nothing to do nowadays.lol, unless they have a car!

-Devin-
Steve irwin- a father, a hero, a memory now. -We'll miss you mate

Last edited by Momotaro; 04-11-2007 at 02:14 AM. Reason: No allusions to swearing please!
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
Thats what I get for being homeschooled. I fert my tanks in the mornigs. Water changes(days I dont fert) in the after noons, and feedings at night. Also researching new ways to get more tanks.

Dufus- I know but I need lots to do or else I have nothing to do. Also I think I typed it wrong when I googled it, all I got was japanee pages and this site and APC.

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:53 AM

James, get your license and bring me some plants!

dufus!! Don't be dissin the Paludarium, man!! Deng!
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 02:00 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (15/94%)
Hey James,

I found this link infinitely helful. IMO once you get a good understanding of what they are trying to convey here youll be able to go out and create a satisfying 'scape with any kind of rocks, wood, or plants you can imagine.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
James, get your license and bring me some plants!

dufus!! Don't be dissin the Paludarium, man!! Deng!
Once I get my license I still wont have a car . But I can always ride the bus with the Mole people . Paludariums are awesome!

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 02:04 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyYahoo View Post
Hey James,

I found this link infinitely helful. IMO once you get a good understanding of what they are trying to convey here youll be able to go out and create a satisfying 'scape with any kind of rocks, wood, or plants you can imagine.
I had read that but nothing looks right when I tru and I have tried a small Iwagumi with Lava Rock, just messing around but I was wondering if there was a right way to do it. Googled IwagAmi(not Iwagumi ) and found lots of Japanese sites.

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 02:04 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to dufus
yea, most of the stuff is japanese because<doh> iwagumi is japanese!
I was actually sayin the 5g would be useless. way too small!

James, lava rock is not a good aquascape rock.
(i keep telling myself that, but yet i still try!<stop it devin!> i have to stop talking to myself!)

-Devin-
Steve irwin- a father, a hero, a memory now. -We'll miss you mate

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode