white flakes sticking to all the plastic - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
as i was setting up my p. co2 i noticed that there is a significant amount of white flakes that look like fish food adhearing to the inner plastic of the eheim. Could this have been from DIY co2? Ive never used flake food for my fish so that couldnt be it. When i disrupted the tubes the flakes went everywhere in the tank. Any ideas? ive never had anything like this before
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 05:13 PM

hardwater buildup?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 05:24 PM

Could also be dead, dried-up algae...

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 06:31 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (195/100%)
I think it is from your DIY CO2. Bacteria feeding off whatever gets into the tank. Try placing a bubble counter/gas washer after the CO2 producing bottle. That might reduce the buildup.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 07:11 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (125/100%)
Wasserpest is correct, I run 2 2213 canisters complete with media on my 46bow, one of the canisters is designated reactor, and what a reactor it is wow, but at one point it was doing the same to me. I added the little gas seperator 20oz soda bottle and most is eliminated now.

Although I cannot tell you exactly what it is/was but it definatly was a bi-product of the diy yeast.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

i just got a pressurized and we'll see if it goes away. I think its from the diy too, i didnt have anything seperating the yeast from the tank besides the tube so i think that it might have sent some yeast or other byproducts into the water.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode