potassuim phosphate,(fertiliser) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
At the moment I am using the Kent ready made Nitrate, Phosphate and Potassuim and my tank is doing really well thanks to guidance from you guys. As suggested before I intend to use these in powder form as it will be cheaper.
I have got the chempak ( gardens direct, the UK source of these)
Just want to make sure I am getting the right things
The exact desription in the catalog for each one is
1)Sulphate of Potash , this must be the Potassuim Sulphate (potassuim)
2) Potassium Nitate , this must be the nitrate
3) Potassuim Phosphate , this is the one am am not sure about the post said to use Potassuim Monobasic Phosphate is this the same thing ? this must be the phosphate.
The tank is looking fantastic now
am dosing nitate every two days Phosphate every 3 and Potassuim very water change (weekly)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 07:22 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (195/100%)
Mono Potassium Phosphate, KH2PO4, is what you want. They probably call it just Potassium Phosphate, for simplicity's sake.

I suggest to mix a stock solution of this, because you need only tiny amounts, and as a dry powder it would be easy to accidently overdose and turn your beautiful tank into pea soup.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 12:40 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Pete,

Could you do me a favor and tell me where you purchased these from so I can add the source to my FAQ? And have you had any luck finding a decent trace mineral mix?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi Rex,

The companys called Garden Direct (mail order division of Chempak) at Unit 40,Hillgrove Business Park,
Nazeing Road,
Essex
EN9 2BB,
UK.

Email [email protected].
Telephone (01992) 890550.
Web site is under construction but the address is www.gardendirect.co.uk

If you email them they will send you a catalogue.

For the trace elements I use Sera Florena plant fertilizer, I havent yet found a powder form.

Glad to be of help

Pete

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode