plants not growing?? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
plants not growing??

I just tore my tank apart & sorta redid it .. i had 2 emporor 400's on a 55gal with 3 t8's at 6700k 32 watt apeice, 2bags ecco complete& 4 bags pea size gravel on topwith live plants & driftwood.. now heres my set up {same tank} ....(1) fluval 405 (2) aqua clear 30 powerheads with quick filters (1) coralife 4x65 6700k cpf's (4) bags ecco complete with (2) bags gravel over top.. about 3 dozen assorted plants.. just waiting for my (redsea pro co2 system) to arrive & about a dozen & 1/2 fish in tank .. my water is 100% r/o with buffer & r/o right ph is 6.5 every parameter is in specs, temp 76-78 -light is on 10 hrs a day.. i dose excel (2x) recomended dose, every day- flourish every 4-5 days also use potassium & added tlc at start up & 5 days later 6oz each time .. problem is my plants dont seem to be doing anything?? this set up has been running about 5 days. any ideas??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
It'll take more than 5 days to notice growth, especially after a heavy re-planting. They have to..."get used" to the change first. I'd say that if after 2-3 weeks and they haven't shown growth, then you should ask again.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
So does my new setup seem ok or would you recomend anything else?? wish my co2 would come soon!!! do u recomend getting a 2lb bottle or 5lb & how long would either last?? 2lb would fit good under tank 5lb will fit but will be tight.. this will be my 1st co2 usage

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
The larger the better, so the 5# tank. I'd also be looking into Greg Watson ferts since they'll be a lot cheaper to dose. Otherwise, everything looks alright to me for now.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 05:33 PM

PTrader: (22/100%)
Without CO2 in that tank you will not get plant growth. You have tons of light, dosing ferts, etc. I would get whatever size tank will fit better. You don't want to regret getting the 5# tank just to save time on replenishing the CO2.

Like epic said, go with GW ferts. Read about dosing ferts as well. Pouring ferts into a tank without knowing how much to dose, plant uptake, etc. will be no good. Ferts are extremely important but the amount to dose is totally different per same size tanks. Its all about plant uptake IMO.

-Ryan

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode