Plant Choices... - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi,

I was hoping someone with experience could take a peek at my layout and tell me if this seems resonable or not. Below is an attatched picture of what I was thinking of doing. The slate shelf would be a stack of thin slate rocks to for a cliff like surface 5-6 inches tall, with a rather large piece of leggy driftwood, covered in Bazilian Ivy The tank is going to be a standard length 30 gallon. I haven't decided on lighting yet... Any suggestions? TIA. Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 06:26 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Nice layout. I only have a few comments to make, I am as well expirementing with proper plant placement.

The two foreground plants you have are quite slow growers. It may take awhile to get a nice carpet. Also, with the amount of Stargrass you have, you might have to spend quite a while pruning them! I hear they grow like a weed. If the "Carolina Fanwort" is a Cabomba, it may actually get bigger(or same size) than the Stargrass behind it. The height should not be too much of a problem in 30g, it just might block your view of the scenery behind it.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode