Help with dosing my tank

I just ordered Greg Watsons ferts from the advise of you guys

Mono Potassium Phosphate
CSM+B
Potassium Nitrate
Potassium sulfate
Iron Chelate 10%
Magnesium sulfate

Now my question is how do I dose this for my 36gal? My plants will be here Tuesday I'm using RO/DI water because I have rock hard water here in Florida. My tank has been cycling for 5 days now with 7 danios but I added Bio-Spira. I am still not getting any Ammonia or Nitrite readings.
should I be dosing prior to plants being put in my tank? I do have florish if need be until my ferts come in? I just need to know the dose on how much to give? I will be running C02 and I have 2WPG of light. Can anyone give me a hint on the amount in tablespoons to give? And do I just drop it into the tank with the fish or mix it first? Sorry for all the questions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
Go to gregs site download his ideas of dosing. Your going to have to do some research on what type of regimen is best for you and your tank. Paper,pencil,time...Also try Chuck Gads site as well. Greg Watson has some good info. You need a dosing calculator to help with measurements. I hope this will help you. Good luck
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thanks, I have read Rex's report two or three times. Chuck Gags site that I just read helped alot but still confused. " Not that great in math" Chuck says to dose slow about a cc each day till your in the target range but still not sure how much to mix to do that? I guess I will keep searching on here. Thanks

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
Yup thats what I had to do, Lots of research and time. You will need a good way to measure your fertz. I use a digital scale, sometimes spoons,beaker. Just what you probably wanted to hear, more stuff to buy.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 05:46 PM

PTrader: (5/100%)
Easier way of dosing, check out EI method: https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/wa...-regimes_.html

This can be found in the "water parameters" section. IMO, a great way to dose your tank and way more easier!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Color Me Blue View Post
Easier way of dosing, check out EI method: https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/wa...-regimes_.html

This can be found in the "water parameters" section. IMO, a great way to dose your tank and way more easier!

Thanks alot I will use this method for awhile to see how it works out
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 06:53 AM

PTrader: (5/100%)
Are you using 100% RO/DI water or mixing it with tap water? If you are using 100% RO/DI water, you need to replace the minerals that are removed with the filtration process. Stuff like Seachem's Equilibrium or GH booster from Greg's store will do it.

Check out the "Water Parameters" section for more info. It'll help alot! Good luck with your tank. Share some pics when you get the chance too!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Color Me Blue View Post
Are you using 100% RO/DI water or mixing it with tap water? If you are using 100% RO/DI water, you need to replace the minerals that are removed with the filtration process. Stuff like Seachem's Equilibrium or GH booster from Greg's store will do it.

Check out the "Water Parameters" section for more info. It'll help alot! Good luck with your tank. Share some pics when you get the chance too!

Thanks, I'm using RO right, which is suppose to get RO ready for fish

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode