Plant newb needs help, can you help? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to VirgoWolf
Talking Plant newb needs help, can you help?

Hey guys... I am new to this forum, only having posted a few times in swap n shop and lurking a bit. So first, HI! Glad to be here. I have a lot to learn.

I started with live plants with a 10gal that I bought off of a friend with 20w of screw in CF lighting and some cherry shrimp. I moved it up to a 18gal high when I added mystery snails. Now I have a 18gal high crammed with plants and I have upgraded that to 40w of screw in CF lighting. So, you guessed it... I'm hooked! LOL

I have been planning to go fully planted with my 29gal and I posted on my 'home' forum about going with a little better lighting and DIY Co2, but that ended up turning into me planning better lighting, pressurized Co2, all out planted tanks. LOL

So I stumbled across someone locally who is getting out of the hobby and willing to let me give their plants, fish, and equipment a new, loving home. Awesome guy, awesome deal, can't wait to get everything here and settled!

Problem is, I am doing all the reading my brain can handle and I am trying to take in all the info, but since I have never used Co2 or ferts and only had basic, low light plants up untill recently... I want to make sure I am getting the info to sink in properly.

So I guess what I am asking is if you guys can teach me planted tanks in a nutshell. I will be reading non stop for the rest of my life about anything relating to aquariums, so I can get the details as I read and re-read all the info I can find, but just the basics about how to begin with the Co2 and such would be extreemly helpful.

I am a newb to planted tanks, but not to aquariums in general. I have 14 tanks up and running (today, always seems to change with the quarentines and grow-outs and such), my pride and joy being the 220gal SA/CA community, but that one being centered around large aggressive diggers, definitly never going to be planted, but most of the other main tanks will be.

So that's me, thanks for making it all the way through, and let me know if you think you can help. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 12:53 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
www.theplantedtankfaq.com

www.rexgrigg.com

The second is much better than the first since the lazy bum who should be writing the first is not.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to VirgoWolf
HA! Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for!

Not that this means I don't want others to respond, we all know there is always more to learn.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode