the difference! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
the difference!

new to planted tanks.i have a 60g planted tank.my question is how long does it take for co2 to start to have an effect on my plants and the same for ferts iron,potassium etc.thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
at least a week or two.

FUNction over form

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

i add seachem flourish and diy co2 for about 2 months so ive seen that change,i think im lacking potassium so was wondering how long for the change,the reason is my leaves on some of my older plants are yellowing.i have a brazillian sword and the growth comes up quick but when the leaves start to unfold they dont come open very quick and the edges yellow.any advice would be great.thanks

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (28/100%)
To receive any help with this I think people need a lot more information than your giving to help you. What kind of lighting and how many watts? filtration? You say you are dosing flourish and potassium. What about nitrate and phosphate ? If so how much and how often? Do you have much of a bio-load in the tank? ect....

Here is a link for deficiency signs. http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_nutrient.htm
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 11:20 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (51/100%)
Send a message via AIM to mrbelvedere Send a message via Yahoo to mrbelvedere
Brazilian swords aren't aquatic. I believe what you have is a Spathiphyllum sp.

In college....so no aquariums for a while.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

okay heres the rundown.60g,160 watts total 2x6700k flora glos 40w,1x18000k powerglo 40w,1x40w home depot aquarium light.nutragen co2 but home yeast mix not the packets.16-25 bpm.ph 7.4,gh 7,temp 82.gravel sub with seachem tabs at the base of crypt and swords.a work in progress with the naming of the plants,crypt wendtii,red melon sword,melon sword,mando grass,ludwigia,water wisteria,.i dose seachem flourish two capfuls a week.today added two capfuls seachem potassium for the first time.as far as bio load i think im ok .fish are 1 pair of rams,6 white clouds,3 neontetras,4 rasboros,cleanup crew is 2 ottos,3 caes,2 skunk loaches and a flying fox.i water change 50%weekly.filtration is 600 gph the swords grow well .the red melon and the wisteria are really going,my problem is yellow tips in my older plants.so i thought to add potassium.there is a red thats in front of the wood that struggles also.heres some pics please criticize thanks.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

back to the top
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (75/100%)
by take effect what do you mean exactly? I mean the day I added co2 my plants reacted immediatly. Within a week they started showing much new vibrant growth. But pearling happened the day the system was added.

My 20 gal journal

6Gal Nano Journal

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

it was just a play on words blacksunshine,i seen what you seen ,a change in the first week with co2.i dont know what you mean by pearling?with the ferts i mean i have yellowing leaves and one of the swords leaves open very slowly,so i added potassium.i could trim the yellow leaves and never know if it was potash deficiancy,right??very new to plants.trying to learn how to remedy problems,but if i pruned the added something i wouldnt know if i fixed the problem or not,hope that makes sense.what could i add to the middle of my tank for a good filler???thanks.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode