Algae and lighting - The Planted Tank Forum
View Poll Results: HO T5 lighting which is enough to grow any plant i want?
4x54 watt HO T5 8 80.00%
5-6x54 watt H0 T5 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Algae and lighting

ok ive tried this on the algae forum but no replies and i also have another question also about lighting.. ok here goes

sorry it is a 75 gallon

is a 4x 54 watt ho T5 unit enough to grow any type or species of plants ? or do i need 5-6x54 watt ho T5

and as for the algae

ok my c02 is on at like 5-10 bps i havent counted really diligently. i have stoped dosing ferts (tropica master grow) i lost a 28 watt T5 bulb (so intensity is cut down and i have lowered photo periond. it is thread/ hair algae... green young growth / grey old growth. you know the stuff that grows on everything... feels like hair. im tired of trying things to remove it i have done waterchanges, H2O2 dosing , manual removal, increase of co2, less intensity, and less photo period, every trick in the book what do i need to do to get rid of it ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
happy fishing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

75 gallon Tanganyika Community Planted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Might help if we knew the tank size.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)
Send a message via AIM to slickwillislim
If its the 75g in your signature then I would say it depends on the fixture. I know 4x54w TEK light would be fine because Just 2x54w is all I use out of my 4x54w on my 60g and only for about 7 hrs.

If its another brand with crappy reflectors... I don't know we will see other peoples responses with experience with those fixtures.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

whoops yup you hit the nail on the head 75 gallon im redoing it and im either going T5 or MH but T5's are a bit cheaper so im probabily going with them i just need to know if i can grow anything because this tank is going to be my "dream tank" and many high light plants are going to be used SA biotope should be fun im just wating to get some good drift wood, plants, co2 reactor, siccors and lights.... ohh and the fish. The list keeps getting longer so does the cost

happy fishing

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (16/100%)
Aquaforest has a 120cm tank with only 2x54 watts HO T5, and they're pretty much growing an assortment of stems and foreground plants...it's a very pretty tank.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

ok I was pretty sure that 4 would do it but i got kinda scared when i saw scolly's up for sale and it was 6 bulbs. now does anyone know about the algae????? also i need a place that sells 4x 54 watt HO T5 setups, and 24 inch sissors that ships to canada, or a place that sells 24 inch siccors and aquamedic 1000 reactors Dr. f and s sells it all but shipping on sissors, 2 l of scachem flourish, and an aqamedic 1000 was like 200 dollars!! i hate that no one who lives in canada sells anything nice for planted tanks!

happy fishing

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode