buying plants off of ebay - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (1/100%)
Question buying plants off of ebay

im going to buy some plants off of ebay, i was wondering if anyone alse has got plants from ebayer aquadisestore. he has a 97 positive feedback but i would like to know ur personal feeling of this ebayer before i buy from him
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)
Send a message via AIM to confuted
I wouldn't suggest it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Banned

PTrader: (56/100%)
so far we caught him using a deceptive photo, and incorrectly identifying a plant;
(this plant is immersed mondo grass, or Ophiopogon japonica, and the color is green)
eBay: OPHIO PUSILLUS so only order widely known plants, and nothing too unusual.
I would give him a try, but I would keep my first order small, and my expectations low.
He ships free FIRST class mail, so only order once the weather is well above freezing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
I bought a few plants off of him. Paid the $4.95 extra for priority. Came alive and healthy. Not many extras, but he sticks to the # of stems they said they'll ship on their auction page.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 04:27 PM

PTrader: (13/78%)
I have to chime in here. I bought ludwigia inclinata from this seller and got rotala macandra. I would not buy anything else from this person. All the plants were crashed flat as packing is very poor. That was my one experance with this seller.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Banned

PTrader: (56/100%)
maybe upgrading to Priority is key, since then he can use a roomier box.
did you bring the stem mix up to his attention? if so, how did he respond?
I'd be curious to know how LONG his stem samples generally are, like >6"?
maybe Kyle should contact him to set up a Sponcers thread here on PTF
like he did for Lowcoaster over on Aquabid.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (75/100%)
I just bought off him last week.
Good and bad.

The Bad.
I ordered some Ludwigia Inclindata , rotala Rotundofolia, 2 Nano diffusers and 2 orders of crypt balasnase.
What I received was the Rotela, a mistery plant, 2 diffusers and only 1 order of the crypt.
Plants are shipped in flat bubble mailers with little support. no water for the plants. Diffusers are glass and were shipped in same package. they were extra wrapped bubble wrap.
He also shipped the first half of myorder on the friday before presidents day. so they sat for an extra day or two with the PO.
Shipping is free. You get what you pay for.

The Good
I contacted him and he refunded the WHOLE amount of my order. Even the second half that he had not even shipped yet. And he still shipped them.
I contacted him advising I do not want freebies for the parts of the order that were correct. however he refused to take payment because he felt that I was unhappy with my order.

So. I'm having a hard time saying hey are a poor seller because of the great level of Customer service I received from them. In fact I'd say he has some of the best Customer Service of any seller on Ebay that I've ever delt with.
And I've delt with quite a few.
However as I have told him he really neds to head off these issues up front and be better about taking tally of what he is shipping.

On a side note. Because of the manner of his shipping and where you live, I would not order from him in the winter months unless you are spending the extra money for a heatpack. He does offer that as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spypet View Post
so far we caught him using a deceptive photo, and incorrectly identifying a plant;
(this plant is immersed mondo grass, or Ophiopogon japonica, and the color is green)
eBay: OPHIO PUSILLUS so only order widely known plants, and nothing too unusual.
I would give him a try, but I would keep my first order small, and my expectations low.
He ships free FIRST class mail, so only order once the weather is well above freezing.
I dunno If I would hold this aganst him. Most every LFS I've ever gone to does the same thing with mondo grass. Knowing this I would simply not order that particular plant.

My 20 gal journal

6Gal Nano Journal

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode