Just setup my tank about 3 days ago.
Contains ADA amazonian soil
CO2 running about 1-2 bubbles/sec
Eheim 350 canister filter
Hydro inline heater 78 degrees
Just starting my cycling process - no fishes at all
1) I haven't started dosing my dry ferts, thought Id let the plants settle in. When i do - would next week be a good time to begin? I think i;ll start wiht half the recommended dose?
2) I have some used medium in my filter, can I expect cycling time to be less than usual.
3) I am going to do a water change about every day for the first week, and every other day the next week, then maybe 3 times a week in the third week. is this too many water changes?
4) Do i need to addd ammonia to kick start the cycling? I figure having amazonian aquasoil is enough ammonia
5) When should i start checking levels of ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates? I assume I don't need to at the start since it will take a few weeks to cycle this tank.
6) any other words of advice? im trying to keep up with daily cutting of dead leaves, water changes, and monitoring my plant growth.
Thank you so much for the help