question about size of ada old blackwood - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (46/100%)
question about size of ada old blackwood

does anyone know the approximate deminsions of the different sizes? i'm mainly inquiring about the small and medium sizes. thank you.

"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions." - Jurassic Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
I haven't bought any myself, but I know that Jeff of ADG has been known to spend an unusually long amount of time helping customers select individual pieces of wood. I'd suggest e-mailing him with the dimensions of your tank and what kind of general arrangement you're trying to create (branchy, caves, etc.).
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 12:30 AM
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
Im not sure if they have any instock right now. Give them a call anyway!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

i shot him an email earlier this morning but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. hopefully i will hear back from him tomorrow.

"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions." - Jurassic Park

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 05:34 AM

I have some in my tank sizes medium and small. I have a 15 gallon tank 12" high and all three pieces fit just fine. The wood looks great, and I am very happy with it.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

cmcnulty, is it possible for you to guess the approximate sizes of the two?

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 03:19 AM

driftwood pics

Sizes may vary but my pieces are about 10" to 15" long, but there are many different irregular pieces. A steep price to pay for wood, but very good looking. Being pre-treated is always a bonus too.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

are those just individual "sticks"? i thought they looked more like what is in the picture.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 03:37 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
I also emailed aquaforest asking for the size, but no answer yet. Those pieces of driftwood kind of look ugly. Do they have branchy wood? Or is it just sticks/stump looking etc?

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegoryu View Post
I also emailed aquaforest asking for the size, but no answer yet. Those pieces of driftwood kind of look ugly. Do they have branchy wood? Or is it just sticks/stump looking etc?
i emailed them yesterday morning and still have not gotten a response. yes, the ones in that picture look stumpy/sticky. lol. i thought they were more like the ones in the ada photos.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (60/100%)
you need ask for branchy type pieces. i have a bunch from Jeff and he is good about getting something close to what your looking for. the small pieces are maybe 10" long and mine are branchy but more like a tree stump with the roots as that is what i asked for for my nano tanks. if ADG is out there is also Aquaforest in SF.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 04:49 AM

My tank is very small, so there aren't too many exciting choices. Also the pictures are very low quality and they were taken from a tank I am taking down. Since the driftwood is so small its obvious they wont look as good as the ones in the picture will. I did get them from aquaforest, and after looking at many different pieces those were the ones I liked best. Now I would have rather gotten a"branchier" looking piece, but I liked the dark look of this wood too much. I definitely don't think they are ugly, but with the experience I have now I would choose a diiferent type. Too each their own

Also the pieces were originally placed in close proximity were they looked much better, but in an all honesty those are some pretty horrid pictures.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode