Finally got tank running (pics) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (1/100%)
Finally got tank running (pics)

Hello everyone. I would like to think the people on this forum for the tons of information I have received from you either directly or indirectly by reading lots of posts. I am not completely set up yet. I have to work on my pressurized Co2 today and other little projects here and there. But tell me what you think about it. I want the good and the bad. My wife surprised me with a load of plants the other day. Some I know what they are and some I don't. I need to get my Ferts ordered. I need some help with that too. The basic list I have read of people using from Greg Watson is:

KN03
K2S04
KH2P04
Plantex CSM+B

Is this what I should order? I think I read I have to order 1lb min. Do I need anymore than that of anything or anything else?

Basic Tank Details:
59 Gal
Eheim 2026 filter
Presurized Co2 (will start on this today)

Joe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)
Send a message via AIM to SuRje1976 Send a message via MSN to SuRje1976 Send a message via Skype™ to SuRje1976
Joe - your GW order looks good. You probably won't need more that 1lb of each - that will last you quite a while. You may want to throw a few more fast growing stems in there for now. What kind of light are you running - and for how long?

Sergio C.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-
-
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (1/100%)
I knew I forgot something. My lights are 150w of VHO lighting (aqua-suns) 2.54 watts/gallon for 8 hours a day. I also have some Java Fern to put on the wood today. I will look for some extra stem plants soon. Thanks

Joe

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 02:48 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)
Send a message via AIM to SuRje1976 Send a message via MSN to SuRje1976 Send a message via Skype™ to SuRje1976
Looks like you're off to a good start...I'd assume you have 2 x 75W VHO bulbs? If possible, you may want to run one of them for only 4 hours until you get your ferts, then work back up to both for 8 hours SLOWLY...

Sergio C.

-
-

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode