Help needed to aquascape a 29g. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to dufus
Help needed to aquascape a 29g.

Here's the deal, I have a 29 gallon aquarium with a small iguana in it. When i build him a room, i mean........cage, I want to turn the 29 into a cherry shrimp and dwarf crayfish breeding tank. i also want to add ottos,pygmy cories, and micro rasboras, i know, some babies will be eaten, but i need some excitement in a tank.

Basically, i want a quality aquascape, and don't really know where to start.

I know i don't want a really "Low" scape, like george's nano, but more of an all level tank. i want to use good rocks, and maybe driftwood. I kinda like the idea of two substrates to create a river or such.

I like these pictures, and have been thinking about how i could work one or more into the scape.

this is my favorite, it actually is a sample pic in my photoshop.

this one's ok, but like i said, a little too low maybe.

I like this one, especially how everything doesn't line up hieght wise( the one rock has an open ground space behind it.)

this one is simply cool, and has some potential.
I like HC, and want to incorporate it into the tank, and want to make some kind of carpet with it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Devin-
Steve irwin- a father, a hero, a memory now. -We'll miss you mate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Anyone?

-Devin-
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 01:23 AM

PTrader: (59/100%)
dufus, you have your inspiration there.....the rest is the creative effor you will put into it. It is obvious you want a clearing in the middle...so start from there. You also need rock and wood so your hardscape will be rock, wood and a negative space alittle off to one side.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

thanks. I was thinking about the middle being HC. The problems i'm having is i dont want the back to be emty, but i want a nice scape.

-Devin-
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 01:51 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
sorry no one has responded. personally i dont like it when people try and recreate a scene in nature, whether its the beach, a river or whatever. i like it all natural like you could find in nature with stumps or wood and rocks. you have to decide if you wanna go low tech or high tech. HC will def be more towards high tech as it requires lots of light and C02 as well. what you decide will decide what kinds of plants you can have. some require more than others. pick forground middleground and background plants. get some hardscaping stuff like driftwood or cool looking natural rocks. really you have to use your imagination.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

oh i'm definately going high tech, though i may do diy co2, i'm getting either aqualights or t5's for it.
I think i like recreating a nature scene kinda. the scene just gives a good anchor, and you can go from there.

Though i have to say, i have these flashes of thought were i just go nuts and do some beutiful scaping, i call them amano moments, as opposed to martha moments as my mom calls hers.

I have to admit, i have stayed up late at noght just thinking on different scapes. i may have over thinked it.

As is now, the tank has a peice of driftwood that would be a nice center peice......for a 90 gallon bowfront!
i was thinking i could use the drfitwood slated and plant anubias and crypts below it, and on the other side do some high light plants, with hc and microsword in the fore. I could also plant a buch of crap on that hunk of tree!

-Devin-

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode