Trouble cycling Aqueon Evolve - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Trouble cycling Aqueon Evolve

I have had a 4g Aqueon Evolve setup for around a month and a half now and cannot seem to get this dang thing to cycle! I was pretty skeptical about the biological section of Aqueon filters because it just seems to be a bumpy plastic thing... its not porous like most bio media i have used before. Anyhow I have used Microbe Lift Special Blend and ATM Colony without much change(never tried colony before, but ive had good results with special blend in the past)... my ammonia is still testing pretty high (3-4 ppm) and i have 0 nitrite or nitrate. I just added some of the media that are the porous cylinders (not sure what brand, i had em lying about) hopefully the bacteria can take hold on those.

Has anyone else had problems cycling tanks with Aqueon filtration?
Any other suggestions to get this tank cycled?

btw i know aqueon stuff is pretty crumby to begin with, but i grabbed this little tank on a crazy clearance I may just gut it and do something custom for filtration since it has a built in overflow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
only been a day, but i have no change since adding the ceramic media. I may dose the tank with special blend again now that the ceramic stuff is in there...

talked to a friend at work who suggested i scoop a bit of gravel from one of my established tanks to seed the new tank.

any other ideas?

I am really interested to know if anyone else has had issues with Aqueon filters.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode