Well, I was just messing around with my new camera and thought I'd share some pics since it's been a while. It's now kind of a Dutch layout I suppose. This tank has gone through some recent changes and is in the growing out process, which will be good since I'll soon be converting my 90g to a planted and moving everything over to that tank. The ET used to cover the entire foreground in a dense, thick carpet. Then, I got lazy with trimming it and it started dying underneath, so I had to rip almost all of it up. In doing that, I decided to move the crypts and corkscrew val around. Not sure I like them here. Not even sure I like the val at all. The ludwigia glandulosa, rotala sp. 'colorata', m. mattogrossense and HM were just planted a few days ago. Everything else has been trimmed back numerous times. Anyway, let me know what you think. Oh yeah, the new camera is a Canon PowerShot A630 8.0MP. It has way more settings than I'll probably ever use, but the actual quality of the pics sure beats my old Fuji Finepix 4MP...especially on zoomed shots. Oh and I case you're wondering, I'll be using Aquasoil on my 90g. I've had this tank set up with fluorite for over 1 1/2 yrs now and fluorite is plain ugly IMHO.
color balance gives kind of a "cold" appearance.
color seems a little warmer with this setting.
close-up of the rummynose tetras in formation. I have 8 in total.
zoomed in on the left side. I've managed to get the hydrocotyle leucocephala to grow into a bush-like form, with careful and frequent trimming.
mayaca close-up. This generally pearls like crazy and has pinkish tips. Definately grows well in my tank.
close-up of ludwigia glandulosa. This is a very nice, beautiful plant!