Hairgrass and moneywort aren't doing very well. (pics) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hairgrass and moneywort aren't doing very well. (pics)

Only about 10 percent of the hairgrass is like this. I was thinking it might be because the grass was in a PetSmart gel pack and is now submerged. The moneywort was bought already submerged in the PetSmart tank and looked good. Now almost half of the stems are dying. My water onion, wisteria, anubias, and bleheri are going great with 10 hours of light, EI and iron (close as I could calculate to the dosing recommendations on this site), and DIY CO2 that according to my drop checker is right around 30 ppm. Water parameters are 0 amm, 0 nitrite, <5 nitrate, and ph changes from 6.8 to 7.6 depending on light on or off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

BTW my anubias pumps out O2 like crazy from nearly every leaf. Dunno if that indicates that my lighting, co2 and fert is good.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 02:20 AM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanyt View Post
BTW my anubias pumps out O2 like crazy from nearly every leaf. Dunno if that indicates that my lighting, co2 and fert is good.
My anudias does the same thing! aton of c02!..your plants may be doing this because there are changing and getting acclimated into your aquarium and your water and water parameters are probably different then petsmarts..if you give it time they will probably come back around

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode