no more lugging around 5 gallon water bottles =/ time for an RO filter =) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Talking no more lugging around 5 gallon water bottles =/ time for an RO filter =)

Hi

I've been using water from those water dispenser machines in front of grocery stores and so far its been working great. I chose not to use straight tap water because when I tried it, my plants didn't seem to do well.

I've been doing this for awhile and it's beginning to be a hassle lugging the 5 gallon bottles around. So I am interested in purchasing a RO filter. Since I know nothing about RO filters I was wondering if anyone can recommend me one.

I had a water filter before but it was one of the proprietary filters that made replacing the filter media really hard and expensive.

I want a filter system that is easy and affordable to maintain.

thanks
john

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (125/100%)
Here ya go, I have one like this for about two years now, you can't go wrong.

eBay: AQUA-SAFE AQUARIUM REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER FILTER (item 150066275756 end time Dec-08-06 18:30:00 PST)

Craig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
The one that I use is the Typhoon III. When I ordered mine, it came with a pressure indicator, I do not think that it comes with one now. At least thats what it looks like. You may want to email and ask them if it still does.

I love this unit, I bought the float valve for a truly automatic system! It's a little more expensive than the ebay quoted above. However, this company is in the same state that I am in, so if anything breaks, a quick 1 hour drive and I get replacement parts!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 12:22 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
I second the rec of airwaterice.com.
For me, the cheaper compact reefkeeper was the best option. Call them and they will recommend the right unit. When I called, I ended up buying a cheaper unit!

65 gal planted - Rams
120 gal planted- Discus
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WfxXx View Post
Here ya go, I have one like this for about two years now, you can't go wrong.

eBay: AQUA-SAFE AQUARIUM REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER FILTER (item 150066275756 end time Dec-08-06 18:30:00 PST)
Also recommend this guy. Great product and service.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode