Good Merchant Experience (Drs) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Good Merchant Experience (Drs)

Placed on online order with Drs. FosterSmith. Received my package a few days later. Missing one item out of about twenty. Called customer service. Got a live person in three rings! Explained my problem. She put me on hold for about a minute, came back and said they were very sorry and would send out my missing product. I have it in my hand three days later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 06:00 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
Glad you had a good experience with Drs. Foster & Smith! =)
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Send a message via AIM to JenThePlantGeek
Not too bad! Thanks for sharing this positive experience

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- VP & Horticulture Awards Program Chair
I <3 Eheim #195
Everyone seems normal... until you get to know them.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 07:10 PM

PTrader: (50/100%)
I second the great customer service from the Drs. They sent me an item that was the wrong size. I called and they immediately sent out the right one and didn't want the other piece back. And yes you do talk to a real person as soon as you call.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Banned

PTrader: (56/100%)
Drs. customer service may be TOO good.
my first and only order was of $90 worth of supplies and accessories.
one item I didn't like while NIB, while another I destroyed while trying it.
I filled out the return form in back of the invoice, sent both items back
and promptly got a full refund within 2 weeks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
sorry, but for residents of Hawaii (like myself) and Alaska, dfs charges double for shipping orders.

that's why i buy online from thatfishplace (who adds nothing extra to shipping charges) or petsolutions (who charge a nominal $.70 handling fee to shipping charges) exculsively. thatfish will price match, so dfs can do to themselves what cheney told reid to do to himself
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Banned

PTrader: (56/100%)
yeah, thatfishplace.com has very liberal shipping policies.
they are probably the cheapest place to buy heavy stuff
like gravel without exorbitant shipping costs.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spypet View Post
...they are probably the cheapest place to buy heavy stuff
like gravel without exorbitant shipping costs.
That's good to know.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 01:18 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
It's FedEx and UPS that charge double for delivery. DFS is just passing on the cost.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 07:44 AM

PTrader: (16/100%)
Ordered a diffuser from Dr FS...It came in broken!! Very fragile piece of equipment. Called them up the same day, an the receptionist explained that the diffusers were breaking alot during shipping. She would have another one shipped out NAC...

Someone told them to take the diffuser out of the original packaging, an bubble wrap it. Then bubble wrap it again.

Came in a couple a days ago good to go!! No additional cost to me..

Great service!!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (120/100%)
DRS now charges shipping based on the $ value of the order and NOT on the weight. Bad when your buying a light expensive peice of equipment but great when you are ordering 100lbs of eco-complete
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 03:53 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)
I've had nothing but a great experience dealing with them. Even when they backorder, they seem to always come through and ship at their own cost. If they can't they'll give a refund if you want, and wont hold the order any longer than two weeks. They ship excellent, heat packs are always warm still when they get here. I've been very impressed with both their customer service and the quality of corals/fish that I've bought from them. Seem to very professional, in the 10 or so times I've dealt with them.

Interested in Science? Want to learn more about what's happening inside your aquarium? Join SEAR and get started. PM for more details!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (194/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblongshrimp View Post
great when you are ordering 100lbs of eco-complete
... or some oversized items like bulbs or reflectors!

In my experience, they often "forget" to add items to the order, then you call them, and they ship them without hassle. Just wish they would be more careful when packing things.

If you spend over $50, try code 365/2720 or 1130/8421 for a pleasant surprise (not sure when they expire though).

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 12:53 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Grigg View Post
It's FedEx and UPS that charge double for delivery. DFS is just passing on the cost.
you are wrong. they charge the standard ups/fedex ground fee PLUS the cost for USPS shipping to hawaii. they are NOT just passing on the cost, they are practically doubling the cost that the customer has to absorb. this policy was instituted about 1 year ago. needless to say, i spend my money elsewhere, like thatfishplace, aquatic-eco, or petsolutions. and like i said, thatfish will price match.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 01:34 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (18/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasserpest View Post
... or some oversized items like bulbs or reflectors!

In my experience, they often "forget" to add items to the order, then you call them, and they ship them without hassle. Just wish they would be more careful when packing things.

If you spend over $50, try code 365/2720 or 1130/8421 for a pleasant surprise (not sure when they expire though).
Damn I wish I would have read this before I placed a $200 order last sunday, don't even want to know what I would have saved...Well ok what would I have saved lol.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode