AquaSpotworld.com any one used them? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
AquaSpotworld.com any one used them?

I was considering buying a bunch of plants from this site, they seem to have lower prices and a better selection then most other sites. Has anyone had any experience with them? I would hate to waste $100+ on junk. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 02:38 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (125/100%)
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ot...world-com.html

read the entire thread and decide

hey...my algae pearls
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 03:07 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
look in the Swap and shop as well, great stuff there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'mid tech'
46 bow front low tech
10 gallon No tech

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 04:14 AM

PTrader: (2/100%)
I've gotten great plants from them, worth it IMO.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 04:26 AM

PTrader: (7/100%)
I had a good experience. I'm planning to use them again in January. Or rather, I'm splitting between them and Aquabotanic-- going to use AB for the plants that probably hate travelling like R. Macrandra
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 03:48 PM

PTrader: (1/100%)
Here is my post from an earlier thread:

Styxx1 -

Regarding Aquaspot world...

I ordered Limnophila Aromatica, Pogostemon Eustralis, and Riccia. The Riccia was fine and is pearling beautifully.

THe LA and PE are strange. The plants I got look NOTHING like what I expected (i.e. what you would find on the plantgeeks encyclopedia). I asked the guys at ASW and they told me that they ship the plants in their emerged form - but once you submerge them they will convert back to what I was expected. Furthermore - Robert form Aquabotanic (an EXCELLENT online retailer) told me that what the Asian nursery's call LA is a differnt plant than what the US hobby refers to as LA (I always thought science was science regardless of continent...but oh well).

Anyway - it has been about a week now and both plants are growing, but neither look like LA or PE...but, I dont think ASW gyped me...I think what they though was LA and PE were just different plants than we do (????)?

Other than that - the plants arrived quickly and were well packaged and alive. When I wrote the letter to inquire about the wrong plants their customer service people were friendly, responsive, and very helpful.

Thanks!

Patrick

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Personally I think it's better to do business (in as much as US customers are concerned) with companies that have taken the time and made the effort to establish businesses in the US. Not only does it makes ordering plants less stressful, but it rewards the efforts of the vendors to bring us great plants when others are just trying to take market shares without the investment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
opening soon
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 06:58 PM

glass-garden, take market share without the investment? You think ASW or nurseries like Oriental Aquarium aren't investing a lot of money into this? Do remember that many of our American vendors also bring their plants in through Asia.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 07:25 PM

PTrader: (50/100%)
I have to agree with Glass Garden on this one. In a hobby where so much product is perishable it would be wise to set up a base or a store here in America. True most American suppliers bring plants in from Asia but they bring them in to their store and have them on hand to ship out when needed. ASW ships individual orders from Asia. Sure there's a live arrival gaurantee but is it really worth it to have to place a claim when your plants arrive after the overseas trip in bad shape? For me it's not worth the potential hassle. I'd stick with our swap-n-shop or with American based vendors.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven_Chong View Post
glass-garden, take market share without the investment? You think ASW or nurseries like Oriental Aquarium aren't investing a lot of money into this? Do remember that many of our American vendors also bring their plants in through Asia.
I meant an investment in the US, you know, real estate, employees, infrastructure, IN the US?

opening soon
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 07:34 PM

gotten some really great plants from them. also check out Aqua Botanic Aquarium Plants Sales and Forums I have gotten some great stuff from them as well
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (13/100%)
Send a message via AIM to styxx
Thanks Patrick!

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass-gardens.com View Post
I meant an investment in the US, you know, real estate, employees, infrastructure, IN the US?
Oh, ok.

Hmmm . . . while I do understand the sentiment about taking care of yourself, your family, your state, your country first . . .

I dunno, I just can't seem to care much when it comes to this-- get me my plants (the species I want) and get it to me the best way possible. This is a basic idea with economics. Another one is that trade benefits all.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven_Chong View Post
Oh, ok.

Hmmm . . . while I do understand the sentiment about taking care of yourself, your family, your state, your country first . . .

I dunno, I just can't seem to care much when it comes to this-- get me my plants (the species I want) and get it to me the best way possible. This is a basic idea with economics. Another one is that trade benefits all.
Heh, just from reading some of the comments here, if I were ASW, I'd just stop dealing consumer direct and expand their relationships with established US companies. I'm not saying ASW or anyone else is at fault for anything, but sometimes eliminating the middle man isn't the greatest idea in the long run, an intermediary can work wonders to expand markets.

I would much rather stick with what's available from domestic vendors I trust than go through the hassles of customs myself. Anymore, stress is not something I'm inclined to bring on myself for any price.

opening soon
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 11:05 PM

Dear members of this forum,

I understand your concerns. We do have plans to go a step further in the United States.

There are already vendors who are dealing with us on a wholesale basis in USA. But for privacy reasons, we will not reveal them. However, we will publicize who we are working with in time to come.

Shipping live plants to the US is a lot of commitment and processes when we are dealing with the USDA. We cannot risk setting up a base in US without support from you guys.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode