Newbie question - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Newbie question

Hi All,
I am new to the planted aquarium scene. I have a 75 qal. tank set up with flourite substrate, 7 bags about 3.5 in. I also have pressurized Co2 up and running with a DIY reactor. My water specs are GH=13, KH=4, PH=6.8. I have my lights ordered from AquariumPlants.com which is JBJ 260 watt Formosa along with full set of SeaChem ferts. except for SeaChem trace which they didn't have on their site. Should be here by Wednesday November 22. At this point I think I should be ready to start putting in plants. My question is this, I have read in several places the best way to do this is to heavily plant with fast growing plants to reduce algae problems, but after getting to this point in the game my budget is about depleted. Would it create problems if I started with 8 -10 plants a week until I get the right amount? I would also like to know if I should look for SeaChem Trace at LFS or can I get by without it? All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Big J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 07:37 PM

PTrader: (59/100%)
Go all out at this point. If you go to the swap and shop section there are many hobbysists that would help you get loaded up from the starting gate.
DOn't start too light IMO...just load up fast growers. You don't need a lot of money to just load up with something like water sprite or Wisteria. Get it going first.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thanks fresh newby,
How many plants do you think I should start with?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode