Please help with plant ID - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (1/100%)
Please help with plant ID

I purchased some plants from an online store (wont say which one just yet).

I ordered Limnophila Aromatica and Eustralis Stellata.

Here are the two plants that I received (the two in the middle of the picture)....I do not believe these are the right plants. According to the online retailer, the one of the left is the Limnophila and the one on the right is the Eustralis.

Picasa Web Albums - Patrick - Fishtank Photos

Can someone hep me to understand:
1. Are these the plants that i ordered?
2. If not, any idea what they are?

UPDATE: I just got a note from the sales department of the online company that the plants were shipped in their emersed form - and that they would quickly convert to the submerged form once introduced into the aquarium.

I will keep everyone posted. Plants arrived in a timely manner and all were alive. So - that part of working with this company has been great. Assuming the plants turn out like I ordered then I will write a positive review of the company. Stay tuned!

Thanks!

Patrick

Last edited by pbohart; 11-13-2006 at 12:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 07:01 PM

PTrader: (2/100%)
As far as I know neither of those look like Aromatica or Stellata.

I think you got ripped off, but let's see what some other folks on here have to say first.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 07:05 PM

PTrader: (59/100%)
no and ummmmm no
Neither are either

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
When I saw the pic they don't look like either, but then thought that maybe they are emersed forms, they the aromatica looks nothing like the emersed form that I have seen. Not sure about the stellata. Did you request the 'broad leaf or narrow variety? I would contact the vendor and ask

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)
I know you didn't buy them from me...

The one on the left is aromatica, it is what is sold as aromatica all over Asia by all the plant farms in Asia. The one on the right I do not know what it is, it really looks nothing like Eusteralis, or it's proper name Pogostemon. If you look at Oriental Aquariums catalog you can see the aromatica has small round leaves that are green on one side and purple on the other. Someone once posted the picture from the catalog here. What some people think of as L. aromatica, is what Oriental Aquarium calls L. hippuroides, (if I spelled it right), which looks more like Eusteralis. Confused? There are also two versions of Eusteralis; broad leaf and standard, (narrow leaf)

Robert Paul Hudson

Kindness like love is unconditional
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 08:10 PM

PTrader: (59/100%)
Robert, aromatica has jagged leaves...no?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (1/100%)
Robert -

Do you have any of these plants at Aquabotanic?

L. Aromatica (the US version - http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...ails.php?id=98)

Or -

Pogostemon Stellata (http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...ails.php?id=93)

Can you PM me and let me know?

Thanks!

Patrick

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode