ADA aquasoil - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
ADA aquasoil

how much should i use for a 50 gallon? They measure in liters, and there are no converters online. Also, are there only those three types (i.e. AMAZONIA, AFRICANA, AND I DON'T REMEMBER THE LAST ONE) But they are kinda ugly looking, i wanted a lighter colored sand. They do make this Niger sand that looks awesome, can I mix the two, and get like a median, or is it just best to stick with only Aquasoil?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (48/100%)
The ADA sand is made to be decorative. It is not made to grow anything in it. It does not contain nutrients. You can have a sand foreground and have aquasoil in the back though. First off what are the dimensions of your 50 gallon? 36x18x18? or 36x15.5x20? that would help determining how much substrate you would need.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 05:33 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Smaller grains will always end on the bottom. Sands are smaller so they won't be visible after a time. Maybe around ~23 liters of Aquasoil. It is very soft acidic soil so its better if you have harder water IMO.

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betowess View Post
Smaller grains will always end on the bottom. Sands are smaller so they won't be visible after a time. Maybe around ~23 liters of Aquasoil. It is very soft acidic soil so its better if you have harder water IMO.
so you suggest i do Aquasoil as my first layer, then use a decorative sand on top? or forground?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (48/100%)
Do not layer decorative sand over the aquasoil. If anything like I said use it as a foreground. And are you talking about the rio nigro sand? I don't believe anywhere has it in stock here. ADA is on a major back order with that sand. I know Aqua Forest has yet to get it since they opened.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

ok thanks!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode