ideas for "shelf" on inner back wall of aquarium??? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
ideas for "shelf" on inner back wall of aquarium???

I am rescaping my 90 gallon and was thinking of hot glueing or attaching by some other means some rock to the back wall. then attaching some sort of plant, maybe anubias petite nana or java moss to it. has anyone done anything like this on the back wall? would hot glue leach anything into the water? I'm just trying to get some ideas that would allow plant growth on something other than the ground.

90 gallon planted rainbow fish/ community tank, pressurized C02, 2.8 wpg cf, eco-complete,

1-20 gallon breeding/growout
2-15 gallon breeding/growout
4-10 gallon breeding/growout

currently breeding hi fin red eye swordtails, kribensis, orange platys, trying others
DIY central sump filter w/auto water changing and auto water top off, DIY in-line co2 reactor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 12:55 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
you know those little plastic slotted cups that come with root plants? i cut a hole in the bottom, turn them upside down, and put a crypt in it. then i suction cup it to the wall. the slots allow a suction cup to grab it well. you could stick more plants in the front slots to hide it or just put the whole thing behind another plant to cover up the cup. ive also suction cupped the inside plastic cd holder of a cd jewel case to a corner to make a shelf

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
I had large pieces of slate tile from HD leaning up against the back, I eventually removed them, I liked the look but wanted a change. They hid stuff well and I had some anubis on them, however you could do a lot more than that if you used super glue (often used in reef tanks I understand) or epoxy which I have used in mine after it cured for a week or so.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode