Help! I need to give a presentation! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (5/100%)
Help! I need to give a presentation!

I had a local water garden club call me up and ask to give a presentation. Does anyone have any material prepped for such a situation?

Will some nice person give me permission to use some pictures of tanks?

I thought it would be cool to show tanks like

nano tanks
big tanks
amano tank
dutch

and a startup project that grows up.

Oh and pictures of algea and maybe popular algea eaters???

I hate the anticipation I am feeling. I haven't talked in front of a group of people for years.

If anyone can help with pictures or a link to their pictures or some materials, I would be very grateful.
Thank you very much (x50), Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Well Im sure they asked you to give the presentation based on your knowledge of tanks. your prob just feeling a bit overwhelmed because you havnt spoken to a group in a while. Just take a step back, put your thought's together, and do some research on any areas your not 100% sure with, and Im sure you will WOW them.

Oh, and hopefully they gave you some time to prepare, when is your Presentation?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-05-2006, 12:33 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
If you want to search on "mikey" and if you find any useful pics ( I do remember posting some algae pics a year or so ago) you have my permission to use any and all - no credit need be given.

If you find any you want and need a hi res version, please pm me and I will send you the originals (before I shrank them down for the net).

I used to give corporate presentations, and if you have a laptop and projector, just use microsoft powerpoint and make some easy slides. If you have no laptop or projector, then make the slides, print them out 1 or 2 slides per page, and have them copied at office max or the like to hand out to the students. Then you can talk and they can follow on their note pages. Also a great place for them to take notes from your fabulous presentation.

Any other "talking points" help or organizational help you need is just a post away - Just let me know.

Michael

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode