Are my Perameters Good - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Are my Perameters Good

Just wanted to post what my C02 dKH is and want to know if is good or can be improved.

dKH = 5.1
PH = 6.8
CO2 = 24ppm
temp = 79-80

Now is that where I should be or is there a way to lower the dKH so I can get more C02 in the Tank

Also the tank is 55g with 260wPC

I would like my plants to perl but they are not.

Last edited by Widefx; 11-02-2006 at 03:16 AM. Reason: added more info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 02:04 AM

I believe the dkh is fine unless you are trying to breed your discus. I think they prefer a very low dkh for that. If you want more c02 maybe you could add it. If you have pressurized c02 (your post doesn't say - although with over 4.5 wpg, you must have) then just increase the bubble rate. That will drop your ph as it increases your c02. Just keep an eye on the numbers, you don't want to change too quickly.

Michael
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 03:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
I believe the dkh is fine unless you are trying to breed your discus. I think they prefer a very low dkh for that. If you want more c02 maybe you could add it. If you have pressurized c02 (your post doesn't say - although with over 4.5 wpg, you must have) then just increase the bubble rate. That will drop your ph as it increases your c02. Just keep an eye on the numbers, you don't want to change too quickly.

Michael
Yes I do have pressurized c02 is it safe to add more with the dKH the way it stands.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 03:57 AM

Oh.......I think so. As long as your fish aren't gasping for air, you're probably ok. The pH as well, as long as the 3 numbers, dkh, pH are correct - you will also have your c02 number. Just give everything it's time and all should work out well. You can always continue to slowly make additional changes and just keep your eye out for the results.

Michael

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode